The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    NTTD is Brosnan level, the car chase is awesome best part of the film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This film is enjoyable garbage up to a point
    edited February 2022 Posts: 23,447
    I cant be bothered to comment on the rest of this film, it really is trash.

The first two DC films were great, the rest very poor.
    NTTD is in worst Bond territory, its not so much that I am irritated, with NTTD I just don't care now which is a bad indictment.
    This film is lazy
    This film is crap
    I was duped
    It's actually and I can't believe I am saying this, the cheapest DC Bond film.
    Trash
    The question is is this enjoyable trash 🤔
    I take it that NTTD wont hit your top 10 @Fire_and_Ice_Returns ?🤣
    My initial viewing in cinema I came away a bit bewildered, but watching it on 4K bluray recently, I really had a blast (sic!) with it!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Trash

I wouldn't say any Bond film was "trash"

Bit harsh. But you obviously feel quite strongly about NTTD. I must admit I do find the script incredibly silly, but I still love the film.
    NTTD has tumbled down my rankings 😂 I was maybe a bit harsh admittedly, yesterday was a bad day.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    NTTD has tumbled down my rankings 😂 I was maybe a bit harsh admittedly, yesterday was a bad day.

Hope you're having a better one today 😁

What don't you like about NTTD?

Hope you're having a better one today 😁

What don't you like about NTTD?

To be honest there are positives in the way NTTD was directed, in truth post QoS I really don't like the whole DC Bond arc I really hope we start to get stand alone films again now the forced DC experiment is over.
    I'm watching NTTD again right now, and can confirm it's my favorite Craig Bond movie. Odd as I'm firmly against the whole arc idea, the ending and well....in particular, Felix's fate.
    I just randomly threw this one on and ended up sitting through the whole film.
    I love Nomi, Paloma, Fienne's M and Craig's performance. I also love the film's colorful palette.
    Bond removes his sweater to give to Mathilde. I never remember her name or how to spell it.
    I love that Bond is a bit testy with Q as he's trying to get to the control room.
    I know! I know!
    The fight with Primo rivals the stairwell fight in CR.
    Well, not really but I like it.
    This reminds me of a Humphrey Bogart filmed called TOKYO JOE where Bogie sacrifices himself for his love and newly discovered daughter.
    Rami Malek is my favorite Craig era villain.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 15,842
    Q realizes that Bond is really f****d.

We should do a tally on how many times Bond has climbed a ladder in the franchise. Up or down. Which Bond actor looked the coolest on a ladder? I count the ladder on the back of the tanker in LTK for Tim. Brosnan looked cool on a Ladder in GE.

.........and our hero is blown to smithereens. Just like Robert Mitchum being shot in the groin in OUT OF THE PAST, Robert Mitchum being killed in a car crash in ANGEL FACE and THUNDER ROAD, Christopher Lee being struck by lightning in SCARS OF DRACULA, and Bogie dying at the end of SIROCCO.

Those are horrible comparisons, but I thought it was funny. :D
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 2,161
    DAD. I love the Bond/Zao clinic fight. In fact, there is very little I don’t love about the first half of this movie (Jinx dialogue, Jinx dive, Madonna cameo, aside). And there’s quite a bit that I enjoy in the second half (but much to hate…after Zao’s death I don’t think there is anything worth hanging in there for, unless you’re a huge fan of Samantha Bond’s Moneypenny). @Benny
    Watching NTTD pre title sequence 30 minutes mini movie, I love it. I will reframe from commenting on the rest of the film..
    I was going to comment on Bond at Vespers grave, it's not good the arc is poor writing. DC is great though in the pre title sequence.
    NTTD in some ways it is the worst DC film though at least it is fun.
    The Mendes films are 😴

The first two DC films are bloody awesome
    The pre title sequence in NTTD is so good one of the best in the serious. Its technical brilliance.
    DC is amazing in this scene.
    This sequence is incredible as a Bond fan, I constantly rewind it, kudos to Zimmers score also, its amazing.
    There is one running scene by DC that is not great, perhaps a result of his injury.
    edited March 2022 Posts: 23,447
    I am roughly DC age at the time he made NTTD and my fitness levels appear considerably better, must be the injury.