The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond vs Elektra now. The thunder to accentuate the moment is a bit over done.
    This scene was always funny to me. He snaps his fingers in her face, exaggerated line readings. Again I could make a NTTD comparison with a Madeleine moment where Bond is confronting her about her intentions.
    Who did this scene better? Brosnan or Craig?

Afraid I would say that this scene in TWINE is an all time low in the series! Horrible acting from Brossa, its actually unintentionally laughable.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Bond vs Elektra now. The thunder to accentuate the moment is a bit over done.
    This scene was always funny to me. He snaps his fingers in her face, exaggerated line readings. Again I could make a NTTD comparison with a Madeleine moment where Bond is confronting her about her intentions.
    Who did this scene better? Brosnan or Craig?

Afraid I would say that this scene in TWINE is an all time low in the series! Horrible acting from Brossa, its actually unintentionally laughable.

I saw this with a friend and he thought it was the best scene in the film for just that reason.
    I wonder how many takes did they do?
    And was Apted really happy with what Brossa was doing? He was an experienced Director who was said to be good with actors, certainly failed here!
    And was Apted really happy with what Brossa was doing? He was an experienced Director who was said to be good with actors, certainly failed here!

Yeah, it's really weird. An attempt to bring some soap opera drama into Bond and that's exactly what it is, a cheesy 90's daytime soap sequence.

Brosnan: Michael, how should we plaaaaaaaaaaaay this scene? Re-read some Fleming, eh?"

Apted: No Pierce, tomorrow at 1pm tune in to the television show, GENERAL HOSPITAL for inspiration. That's what we're going for.

Brosnan: Not exactly, Bond, eh? I've done television before.

Apted: I know, Pierce. I've seen Remington. But the GENERAL HOSPITAL franchise is how I want to direct this movie.

Brosnan: THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE DIRECTING HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRE!

I am quite enjoying the submarine climax. Renard is impaled like a vampire and 007 and Christmas are blasted up to the surface.
    I quite like the JAMES BOND WILL RETURN to kick off the end credits.
    Enormously fun viewing!

Yeah, it's really weird. An attempt to bring some soap opera drama into Bond and that's exactly what it is, a cheesy 90's daytime soap sequence.

Brosnan: Michael, how should we plaaaaaaaaaaaay this scene? Re-read some Fleming, eh?"

Apted: No Pierce, tomorrow at 1pm tune in to the television show, GENERAL HOSPITAL for inspiration. That's what we're going for.

Brosnan: Not exactly, Bond, eh? I've done television before.

Apted: I know, Pierce. I've seen Remington. But the GENERAL HOSPITAL franchise is how I want to direct this movie.

Brosnan: THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE DIRECTING HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRE!

🤣🤣🤣
    I am quite enjoying the submarine climax. Renard is impaled like a vampire and 007 and Christmas are blasted up to the surface.
    Enormously fun viewing!

Must say have always been a fan of Robert Carlyle , Renard had a lot of potential, but they never did enough with him, especially the whole not feeling pain thing!
    Enormously fun viewing!

Must say have always been a fan of Robert Carlyle , Renard had a lot of potential, but they never did enough with him, especially the whole not feeling pain thing!

I like him, too. Renard could've been a great threat to Bond. He had a good build up leading to very little.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Elektra's panic attack during the avalanche bit is funnier than Stacey's screaming during the elevator shaft scene. In fact, by comparison I'd say Stacey Sutton kept her cool.

Lol, good comparison.
    But Stacey never stops.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    But Stacey never stops.

Which makes it even funnier for me. :D
    Brilliant little moment I always loved when Bond and Safin talk is when Safin makes that look of frustration with Bond’s comment of putting everyone on a battlefield. Deep down he knows he’s right.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Birdleson wrote: »
    But Stacey never stops.

Well, those baboons could come back.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,419
    NTTD gun barrel seems more CGI this time round.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Love the opening sequence the snow scenes...
    I like the call back to SP
    The score elevates this film for me.
    This film wants to be everything it can't be.
    It's drags me in though, very well shot in pre title sequence.
    Madeline is much better in this film, she smiles more.
    Matera
    looks amazing.
    I like the Vesper grave scene despite the lazy photo, it works well enough and Craig is good.
    Move on Bond
    Boom
    I like the sound design
    I love this theme
    Daughter of...
    They like putting DC Bond on a motorcycle, CGI DC is better here.
    Badass Bond
    Gets me everytime...
    When the vehicle crashes into the DB5