The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    Ah, the Rog' Nod! How can you not love that! :-D

giphy.gif
    Roger_Moore_jamesbondreview.filminspector.com_1.gif

The FYEO one has always been my favorite.

Definitely agree! That's peak Rog' nod right there!

I'm at another Roger nod moment on the fire truck. Similar to EYES ONLY that they both have back projection behind him.

Need to watch out for that moment the next time I watch AVTAK!

It's when Bond sees the two police cars stuck together.
    He also does it when Jenny Flex leaves his bedroom at the chateau,but it’s the back of his head you see before he closes the door.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,302
    Ah, the Rog' Nod! How can you not love that! :-D

giphy.gif
    Roger_Moore_jamesbondreview.filminspector.com_1.gif

The FYEO one has always been my favorite.

Definitely agree! That's peak Rog' nod right there!

I'm at another Roger nod moment on the fire truck. Similar to EYES ONLY that they both have back projection behind him.

Need to watch out for that moment the next time I watch AVTAK!

It's when Bond sees the two police cars stuck together.

Thanks! It's been a while since I watched AVTAK, so I couldn't remember where he does it.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    He also does it when Jenny Flex leaves his bedroom at the chateau,but it’s the back of his head you see before he closes the door.

I'll keep an eye out for that one as well. :-)

Jenny Flex; now there's a strikingly beautiful henchwoman!
    Watching Dr No and I immediately mourn for the fact that Jack Lord didn’t return for sequels. Hands down the greatest Felix!
    Connery looks absolutely fantastic here.
    I’d love to know what Bond and Felix are drinking with Quarrel at Pussfellows.

Looks like a scotch but the bottle has two dogs on the label. Any guesses?
    Ah. It’s Black and White scotch whisky. Must get a bottle to go along with my Macallan.
    Also, seeing Bond in Jamaica really makes me yearn for it to be used in Bond 25. Here’s hoping the rumours are true.
    And bring Felix along for good measure!
    TR007 wrote: »
    Watching Dr No and I immediately mourn for the fact that Jack Lord didn’t return for sequels. Hands down the greatest Felix!

Wanted equal billing and a massive pay rise ...not going to happen .
    I know all of that. It doesn’t take from the fact that he was the best Felix the franchise ever had.
    “Oh, and be careful of her nail varnish”.

So many wonderful lines in this movie.
    “And you’ve had your six.”
    Ursula. What a babe!
    I know all of that. It doesn’t take from the fact that he was the best Felix the franchise ever had.

Apologies I’m sure .
    Dr No really is such an underrated classic. It never fails to entertain!
    “World domination, the same old dream”.
    Bond grabbing a random scientist as the compound is going to explode.

“Where is the girl I came in with? Where?!”

- “I don’t know.”

Rather than let him flee, Bond just knocks him out and keeps running, leaving the scientist to die in the explosion. Seems a little harsh.
    There’s a mark on Connery’s right arm throughout. Is that a tattoo or a burn?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He has a prominent tattoo. They tried to cover it up but it's still noticeable, particularly in TB at the Health Clinic when he's in the polo shirt.
    It's incredibly lean with very little filler. A superb start to the franchise.
    bondjames wrote: »
    He has a prominent tattoo. They tried to cover it up but it's still noticeable, particularly in TB at the Health Clinic when he's in the polo shirt.
    @bondjames Thank you. I never knew he had a tattoo, surprised I’ve never noticed that in the 25 years I’ve been watching this movie.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »
    @bondjames Thank you. I never knew he had a tattoo, surprised I’ve never noticed that in the 25 years I’ve been watching this movie.
    My pleasure @TR007. It's amazing what we miss despite so much familiarity with these films. I,for instance, didn't realize that Solitaire's tarot cards have "OO7" printed all over them until recently.
    Going to start GF soon over here!
    Going with hash browns and James Bond tonight. Life does not get better than this!
    I don't think Bond could have survived as long as he has without GF. DN and FRWL are both excellent, but GF really is the first to bring it all together and set the template for the future.
    Never get tired of Bassey's epic title song. Really did set the "gold standard." ;)
    I do enjoy the whole film, but the first half is definitely the strongest part of GF. Too many good moments to count.
    The laser table scene is just so awesome every time.
    Another great watch of GF. A terrific go-to Bond film.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Never fails.

Indeed! Always hits the spot and relieves some stress.