• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Great explosion- one of my favorites

It really looks amazing on Blu-Ray
    @MooseWithFleas - Here's the payoff!

<3
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,984
    I love the theme song, but the actual title sequence is one of my least favourite in the Moore era (it's up against some pretty solid competition, though). I find the laser effects weird, even though I know it's 1983. And the TSWLM-esque silhouettes are pretty overdone by now — four times in a row!

Not to mention the amount of times we see Bond swinging girls around in this one...
    My Grandmother's favorite Bond theme
    I remember this in the theater
    The title sequence I find to be one of Binder's weaker ones as his career is beginning to wind down at this point. But the theme is just so magical that it makes up for it. Give me the ballads all day long!
    East Berlin.............
    Don't like the transition from the title sequence to the movie myself. Probably the worst in the Moore era.

If this was played at a wedding, I would absolutely ask your grandmother to dance. I promise I wouldn't attempt to swing her like the silhouettes.
    Is that forest near Pinewood?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I love this scene! Picture this as the PTS. The egg rolls out, the Titles open.

It might be better, indeed. But it'd be another PTS without Bond himself in it.

If this was played at a wedding, I would absolutely ask your grandmother to dance. I promise I wouldn't attempt to swing her like the silhouettes.

LOL
    I love this scene! Picture this as the PTS. The egg rolls out, the Titles open.

While I agree it would be killer, the tonality of this one is pretty care free, with some blending of danger/dark elements. If this were the PTS, it would have the audience anticipating a much darker film than what it is. Kind of like DAD had a killer dark PTS and then went bananas after
    If the ambassador had a cape he'd be dressed as Lugosi's Dracula
    No security at all at the gates!
    Smallbone!! Anyone know why they didn't have her stick around? Definitely seemed like she was set up as the predecessor.
    If the ambassador had a cape he'd be dressed as Lugosi's Dracula

The black-and-whiteness of the 1931 Dracula definitely helps Lugosi's image, but I agree it's iconic nonetheless.
    Smallbone!! Anyone know why they didn't have her stick around? Definitely seemed like she was set up as the predecessor.

No idea. I would've thought she would appear again in AVTAK and then take Caroline Bliss' role. But for some reason she never appeared in AVTAK.
    Jim Fanning is a great third-tier character. Such a limited role, but the actor (name is slipping my mind) does a good job with his facial expressions and delivery of lines
    If I was able to cut these films as I saw fit, it would be a darker film tonally. Take out 15 minutes and you can turn this into a tight, hard spy adventure.

Very true. Which is why it ranks so low on many people's list (the over the top silly moments that only make up a few minutes of the picture)
    Fanning has some great facial expressions
    Robert Brown's first turn at M. I can see why he's considered too nice with a role softened from that of Bernard Lee's here. I prefer his interactions with Timothy Dalton.
    I really like Brown's M.
    I <3 Gogol. His last significant role in the series. AVTAK is very small and TLD is basically a cameo

TIMID!!!!!!!
    First time Robert Brown is M. I say he's still Admiral Hargreaves. I think his turn as M is very good. It's sad that he gets lost between the two monuments.

I can live with Hargreaves, and I agree he's very good.
    I love Orlov's speech.
    General Gogol sits like he's recovering from a stroke. I like his role in this movie though.
    Orlov is one of my favorite Bond characters. Steve Berkoff is wonderful. Beyond that!

He's great.
    I really like Brown's M.

Agreed. It's understated but still played off very well.

Gogol's eye roll haha. Berkoff is absolutely chewing up this delicious Peter Lamont set.
    Orlov got balled out.
    Orlov the precursor to Orumov.