The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

........and there's Roger in wax.

cue titles.........

I must admit, this is one of my favorite title sequences Very naughty and I love it!!!
    I miss Maurice Binder.
    Roger looks dashing. I love the double breast suit. Very old school classic.

Roger is lean and mean here.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Roger looks dashing. I love the double breast suit. Very old school classic.

Roger is lean and mean here.
    I've always felt that he looked at his best in TMWTGG. He was also very sharp in Gold, which was made around the same time.
    If I found him first, Sir.............that might change the situation.

I love Roger's delivery there.

Great Moneypenny scene as well, though her blouse is a little loud.

Roger's such a cocky b#$t%>d in TMWTGG. I love it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Roger's such a cocky b#$t%>d in TMWTGG. I love it.

As do I. He's great here.
    I love his blue (soon to be ruined by Cubby) suit.
    Roger here is around the same age as Craig in SPECTRE. Kind of makes Craig in SPECTRE look like Sean in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN.
    He kisses her abdomen. That was cut on ABC.
    I love his swallowing of the bullet. The he gets his a$$ kicked.
    Roger here is around the same age as Craig in SPECTRE. Kind of makes Craig in SPECTRE look like Sean in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN.
    I definitely agree and actually noticed that when I recently watched NSNA. In fact, on occasion I think Sean looks younger.

Rog in TMWTGG is peak fitness and look imho. Like Sean in FRWL.
    I love how the dressing room has a sleazy run down look to it. Good production design. Underrated Peter Murton.

Time for a laxative. Roger is so suave what he has to go through is difficult to picture.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

That's putting it mildly, Rofl.
    Great version of the Bond theme here as we segue tot he Lazar scene.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Always loved that too. Reminds me of Sean's walk down the streets of Tokyo in YOLT.

Love the Chinese kid and grandma slurping their noodles.
    I definitely agree and actually noticed that when I recently watched NSNA. In fact, on occasion I think Sean looks younger.

Rog in TMWTGG is peak fitness and look imho. Like Sean in FRWL.

Indeed. If I had to nitpick Roger's appearance here, I'd only say I prefer his nice tapered haircut in LALD more. Just a minor quibble, though.
    I'd also say in some scenes Sean looks a bit younger in NSNA than the SP era Craig.
    The SE has the flickering effect on the boat. Removed by Lowery. I wonder if they also were also responsible for removing the bluish tinted dots?
    Always loved that too. Reminds me of Sean's walk down the streets of Tokyo in YOLT.

Love the Chinese kid and grandma slurping their noodles.

It's a nice touch.
    Ah, Mary Goodnight!!!!

She's never been a favorite Bond girl of mine, but perhaps this viewing will change that?
    Both Roger and Sean have their own different techniques for getting hotel staff to let them into a woman's suite.
    Ah, Mary Goodnight!!!!

She's never been a favorite Bond girl of mine, but perhaps this viewing will change that?
    Wait for the bikini expose. It's difficult not to be impressed.
    Ah, Mary Goodnight!!!!

True. She also has one of my favorite lines in the series when she rejects Bond's advances later.
    Bond smacking around Andrea. Imagine Craig doing that to Madeleine Swann or Severine.
    I don't think he could pull a scene like that off, really. Roger barely does here.

Sean, however can play a scene like this with no trouble.
    Ah, Mary Goodnight!!!!

True. She also has one of my favorite lines in the series when she rejects Bond's advances later.

For all of 5 mins haha.

I remember Roger giving Erica Rogers a spanking on The Saint. Early episode called THE GOLDEN JOURNEY.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ah, Mary Goodnight!!!!

For all of 5 mins haha.

Yes!!!
    Ah, Mary Goodnight!!!!

Agreed, I've always liked that too. That hotel threesome which follows is a fantastic scene too imho. Barry surpasses himself and it's moody and stylish. Rog excels at trying to cover up Goodnight's presence in the room while accepting Anders advances.

One thing I've always liked about the old Bond films is how they include some local music and performance in a scene (it happens in LALD in the hotel and in TSWLM during the Kalba scene). The Thai dance during the Phuyuk dinner is one of those memorable sequences.
    Ah, Mary Goodnight!!!!

Agreed, I've always liked that too. That hotel threesome which follows is a fantastic scene too imho. Barry surpasses himself and it's moody and stylish. Rog excels at trying to cover up Goodnight's presence in the room while accepting Anders advances.

One thing I've always liked about the old Bond films is how they include some local music and performance in a scene (it happens in LALD in the hotel and in TSWLM during the Kalba scene). The Thai dance during the Phuyuk dinner is one of those memorable sequences.

I'd love to see more of that. Local music really enhances the location and atmosphere.
    Lee teases and frightens Maud with his golden gun.

This bit was always cut on ABC as well.