bond in 3d, yes or no???

edited October 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 12,837
just mentioned the DAD gunbarrel on another thread and i said i hated it but it could've been great in 3d, and that made me think, bond in 3d??? with 3d dominating the cinema nowadays would any of you like to see 007 in 3d.

me, i'd say no, because half the films that are in 3d are pointless. there's barely any jumping out of the screen at you moments, and i don't think bond would have that many of those. plus, after 50 years, is there any need for a change? maybe in the future all films will be in 3d, who knows

Comments

• Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    No. 3D gives me a headache, and it doesn't look as great in live-action films.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bond shouldn't have it just to have it like every movie nowadays. It should set itself apart at the theatre.
    Never Never Never.

3D has never been anything more than a gimmick; I have never seen a 3D film and remarked, 'Gee, this 3D is really worth it.' Not once.

I would never want a Bond film in 3D. As a matter of fact, I don't want any more movies in 3D ever again. Leave the 3D to amusement park attractions.
    NEEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Never Never Never.

3D has never been anything more than a gimmick; I have never seen a 3D film and remarked, 'Gee, this 3D is really worth it.' Not once.

I would never want a Bond film in 3D. As a matter of fact, I don't want any more movies in 3D ever again. Leave the 3D to amusement park attractions.
    My beliefs in a nutshell. Well said @SJK91!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    No.

xxx
    NO, please.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Just the gunbarrel sequence. That's it. Nothing else would make sense. Bond movies don't generally have the action happen right next to the camera, and so they'd have to completely change the cinematography so that the action could happen right next to the camera for things to pop out.
    Never Never Never.

But this is all true.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,399
    3D is a worthless marketing gimmick that nowadays, ends up losing money for the film, instead of making more... the latest Pirates Of The Caribbean movie proved that point flawlessly...

3D adds nothing worthwhile to a film - it only serves as a means to go "ooo" and "ahh" at - once of course you get past either the annoying flicker, or the head ache from watching it too much...

I find that more and more, audiences are getting fed up with 3D, at least the several people i've spoken to personally - or at school... not is it only annoying, and being force fed to us - but its freakin expensive... since when did a night out for a family of 4 at the theater to go see a 3D movie cost damn near $100??... thats outrageous....... if only studios would get the hint - no one wants 3D - we just want good films..

Thank you James Cameron, for ruining cinema.. lol
    If Bond were to be shot in 3D, then I hope EON would have the sense to do it right. A lot of films that use 3D apply it during post-production, and it almost always looks completely horrible. The best 3D films work the 3D filming process into the actual shoot, designing sets around the demands of filming in 3D. So if it came to pass that Bond were to be 3D, I hope this is what EON would do.
    No way. The producers would be hell fire bent on the Cameron-ish 3D that they would ignor other aspects of good movie making and we would end up with another DAD or maybe worse. :(
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
This discussion has been closed.