bourne or bond, which is the more realistic portrayal of secret services

edited October 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 12,837
in the bond films, most if not all of the time MI6/CIA are always the good guys, except when bond is rogue, then a darker side is shown. But in the bourne films the CIA are portrayed as corrupt and as the bad guys. so i was wondering, which do you guys think is the more realistic portrayal. im thinking 50/50 right now, as the goverment does alot behind are backs and its been proven that they're greedy at times but are they as bad as in the bourne films?, maybe not, but i don't think they're as good as some of the 007 films make out. discuss- 3 2 1 go.................

Comments

I think there is a reason they are called "secret" services. Not all the work they do will probably be considered pleasant or legal. They undoubtely do good work for our society but are undoubtely guilty of a nastiness we would easily condemn.
    I think it is best we do not know too much, I am sure there is a lot I would not approve. But then again I haven't approved any of my elected goverments for some time.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 2,782
    no no no no more bourne v bond mass debates. yes, mass debates. i'm getting a bit tired of all these mass debates on bourne v bond. my hand is hurting now with all this typing and looking at the screen too long will make me go blind.

Listen both of these spies are unbelievable. Maybe the SC's Dr.NO Bond maybe but that's it. It's all fantasy and escapism. Now please stop the mass debates on Bourne V Bond, oh I need a tissue as I've got a blocked nose.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sod the CIA
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I bet neither one truly captures what happens behind the scenes of politics.

Suppose, say, the CIA has to assassinate a target. I doubt they have Bourne-type assassins on tap, if you know what I mean. I'm certain they hire out rebel groups more often then send their own man in, who will probably be an obvious agent.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If the CIA was half as competent as in the Bourne films, Bin Laden would have been found 1 week after 9/11... :-?
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 12,837
    If the CIA was half as competent as in the Bourne films, Bin Laden would have been found 1 week after 9/11... :-?
    lol
    No Bourne would have found him but the CIA would then have lost both of them.

:!!
    Bourne Series and Bond Series is somehow has similarity but different plot. it's just how you wanna see the film. Bourne series highlights how the Intelligence agency works, especially when they have to do a surveillance mission, make a decision, and analyzing the possibilities of their "rogue" agent. Bond series highlights how the agent himself work in eliminating the enemies who have been the target of the Agency he works in. Bond series also emphasize the action part of the investigation. As a conclusion, it'll back to U'r "appetite" which one do U like most?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    We don't know what these secret services really do. For the Greater Good. Or not. We cannot know; not really. How could we ever know the full truth; or want to? It's a very grey world, isn't it? (OK, done being pensive now ...)