BOND POLLS 2016: The Top 10 JAMES BOND-007 Film Ranking Contest (Results: winner!, on page 60)

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    A very respectable finish for TLD.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No matter the order, it is a very solid top five.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The most underrated film of the series finishing right behind the most overrated one (SF will be 5th) is a triumph.
    Opinions, opinions, and......opinions :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doesn't matter what is said against TLD, now, this is a decent place, for what is the 3rd lowest grossing film in the series. I just hope that the top spot will go to either FRWL or OHMSS.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Question: Why can 'classics' like DN, TSWLM and GE not 'win' anymore from the TOP 5 (that include the newer Bond films CR and SF) ? :-)
    It's crowded at the top.
    CR will remain a top 5 classic for all time, SF not, it'll go down TB's path.
    Excellent Top 5. I'm very pleased with that portion of the results.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Most excellent. And very solid result for TLD which I think is deserve. I am happy personally SF made it into the Top 5.
    TLD deserves its place in top ten! A very good finish considering what it finished in front of! Should be the underwhelming SF next!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Comes the morning and the votes fade away...

Glad to see TLD get into 6th!

Thank f**k for that..p**s off Milovy.....!!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I can live with TLD in the top 10, but the other films it finished in front of in this top 10 list were superior films overall in my view. At least we're done with it finally.

Bring on SF next most likely (although I'd personally prefer if it was GF that we see first).
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Doesn't matter what is said against TLD, now, this is a decent place, for what is the 3rd lowest grossing film in the series. I just hope that the top spot will go to either FRWL or OHMSS.

Couldn't agree more.

Solid finish for TLD, very pleased.

First place should obviously go to FRWL or OHMSS.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can live with TLD in the top 10, but the other films it finished in front of in this top 10 list were superior films overall in my view. At least we're done with it finally.

Bring on SF next most likely (although I'd personally prefer if it was GF that we see first).

I totally agree @bondjames ..we have been on the same thinking on this for most of it...SF is so much better than GF....mind you so is TB,TSWLM,GE etc....

barryt007 wrote: »

I totally agree @bondjames ..we have been on the same thinking on this for most of it...SF is so much better than GF....mind you so is TB,TSWLM,GE etc....
    Agreed, although you and I are most certainly in the minority on that front. GF is lauded here.
    @barryt007
    @bondjames

you can say what you want I'll always like you two, ha!

SF is better than GF, hey don't toy with my feelings...
    Hahaha bog off and put on GF,that your next film...and WATCH what Connery does,apart froma game of golf !!
    I musht be dreaming. :D
    There has been some talk in here that casting a TOP 10 causes bigger discrepancies when compared with forum member's TOP 24's (or TOP 26).

Hence I found it pivotal to compare the totals given by @w2bond in the topic 'Bond movie ranking (simple list, no details)' on page 123........with the results so far in this topic. I guess @w2bond only looked at the most recently actualized rankings, and only those of unique voters. Here's the comparison:

AtDlXyJ.jpg

I have to conclude that the rankings are strikingly similar. The change in spots you'll find on the right. It represents the change in this topic as compared to the generic Bond ranking topic. Except for TWINE and TMWTGG, not much changes (Also in the other topic, with TOP 24 ranking, TWINE continues to polarize from page 123 and onwards).

Bond films like LALD and QOS are still considered 'average' at best. And surprisingly, part of the mid table scorings, 10th place until 15th place, are identical. OP is considered Moore's 3rd best Bond film in both rankings.

It also seems that TSWLM and GE will continue to struggle entering the TOP 5 of 'Best Bond Films'. TLD is considered Dalton's best film, without a doubt.

Interesting. I'm curious why you think GF is a better Bond film than SF.....
    The top 5 will always contain OHMSS, GF, FRWL and CR, always.
    So there is only one spot "vacant" in the other thread it was TLD in this it'll be SF.

It all depends on who will participate. This thread could have had some changes if the more avid Brosnan fans had voted which they didn't.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,119
    The top 5 will always contain OHMSS, GF, FRWL and CR, always.
    So there is only one spot "vacant" in the other thread it was TLD in this it'll be SF.

It all depends on who will participate. This thread could have had some changes if the more avid Brosnan fans had voted which they didn't.

But that's besides the points. Both rankings -so far- are strikingly similar.
    There has been some talk in here that casting a TOP 10 causes bigger discrepancies when compared with forum member's TOP 24's (or TOP 26).

Hence I found it pivotal to compare the totals given by @w2bond in the topic 'Bond movie ranking (simple list, no details)' on page 123........with the results so far in this topic. I guess @w2bond only looked at the most recently actualized rankings, and only those of unique voters. Here's the comparison:

AtDlXyJ.jpg

I have to conclude that the rankings are strikingly similar. The change in spots you'll find on the right. It represents the change in this topic as compared to the generic Bond ranking topic. Except for TWINE and TMWTGG, not much changes (Also in the other topic, with TOP 24 ranking, TWINE continues to polarize from page 123 and onwards).

Bond films like LALD and QOS are still considered 'average' at best. And surprisingly, part of the mid table scorings, 10th place until 15th place, are identical. OP is considered Moore's 3rd best Bond film in both rankings.

It also seems that TSWLM and GE will continue to struggle entering the TOP 5 of 'Best Bond Films'. TLD is considered Dalton's best film, without a doubt.
    SF will give GF a run...dont bank on it not pushing that lazy film from its comfort zone....FRWL,CR and OHMSS will always be the top 3 for now....in that order i would think...hopefully followed by SF and GF kicked down one spot...its being found out (and TB is MUCH better than GF ,i know im always TB champion but im damned right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Yes ,i love TB.....and i will champion it with my trusty harpoon !!!
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 12,249
    I doubt GF will be dethroned as my favorite Connery Bond film. It's been said many times before, but I totally agree it's THE essential Bond film, with all the elements coming together perfectly. DN and FRWL are also great though.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Agreed, although you and I are most certainly in the minority on that front. GF is lauded here.

That is a fairly new development. When I first came on here almost three years ago (and the few years I was just reading posts before that) GF was regularly derided. I found myself defending it frequently. It came in 10 or 11 in the first elimination game that I was here for.
    I didn't realize there was a time it was looked upon less favourably here. It is probably the most iconic of all the films, and so I can appreciate why it's highly regarded these days, especially as some long for a return to 'quality' formula.

That is a fairly new development. When I first came on here almost three years ago (and the few years I was just reading posts before that) GF was regularly derided. I found myself defending it frequently. It came in 10 or 11 in the first elimination game that I was here for.
    I didn't realize there was a time it was looked upon less favourably here. It is probably the most iconic of all the films, and so I can appreciate why it's highly regarded these days, especially as some long for a return to 'quality' formula.

GF will have a special place in everyone's heart since it is, indeed, one of the most iconic Bond films. Yet, when compared with FRWL and OHMSS I think it slightlyyyy underperforms. But hey, we've arrived in the TOP 5 zone here; the zone of the 'Bond masterpieces' :-).
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

AtDlXyJ.jpg

Just like I thought. Despite the vocal minority on certain films, general sentiment remains the same
    There are some films that whenever I watch them I feel and think, ok, now, that's the best one, definitely, yes, obviously, I have to put it on No 1 spot in my ranking, now.

FRWL
    GF
    OHMSS
    TLD
    GE

it only shows they all are perfect in their own way and it's incredibly difficult to make a ranking of 24 movies when practically half of them should be somewhere on top.

Really ? whenever i have been here in the past 9-10 years it has been a pain in the arse ..but i did have a hiatus about the time you mentioned @Birdleson so i will take your word for it.

SF is the only film that can knock the over-rated GF off 4th spot ..we can but hope.Put it this way,SF got quite high on my score and GF got jack-shit...