BOND POLLS 2016: The Top 10 JAMES BOND-007 Film Ranking Contest (Results: winner!, on page 60)

Comments

I'd say he was burned out and is missing that magical spark he had in the earlier films. By DAF his batteries were recharged and ready to go.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    You can cancel my last top ten GG, I've got a new one:

1. OHMSS -> 12 pts
    2. LTK -> 10 pts
    3. TB -> 8 pts
    4. FRWL -> 7 pts
    5. GE -> 6 pts
    6. GF -> 5 pts
    7. CR -> 4 pts
    8. TLD -> 3 pts
    9. TMWTGG -> 2 pts
    10. TND -> 1 pt

I'll do the math for you:

OHMSS +2 pts
    LTK +2 pts
    TB +8 pts

GF -6 pts
    CR -1 pt
    TLD -1 pt
    TMWTGG -1 pt
    YOLT -2 pts
  • GoldenGun wrote: »
    You can cancel my last top ten GG, I've got a new one:

1. OHMSS -> 12 pts
    2. LTK -> 10 pts
    3. TB -> 8 pts
    4. FRWL -> 7 pts
    5. GE -> 6 pts
    6. GF -> 5 pts
    7. CR -> 4 pts
    8. TLD -> 3 pts
    9. TMWTGG -> 2 pts
    10. TND -> 1 pt

I'll do the math for you:

OHMSS +2 pts
    LTK +2 pts
    TB +8 pts

GF -6 pts
    CR -1 pt
    TLD -1 pt
    TMWTGG -1 pt
    YOLT -2 pts

Hey @GoldenGun, thanks for your remark. But as you know we had some isues a few pages back. Therefore, please read the rules of the game on page 1: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16631/bond-polls-2016-the-big-james-bond-007-film-contest-your-top-10-of-best-bond-films/p1

Because of that I can not allow any further changes in one's 'voting ballot'. It isn't a very 'valid' and official thing of doing things. I hope you understand.
    Sure I do. No worries :).
  • GoldenGun wrote: »

Great to finally see your love for "Thunderball" now hehe. If I may ask...what happened?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Keep voting dear forummembers :-). Where's @Marketto007 by the way :-P?

Here I am... :D

12 POINTS: "THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH"
    10 POINTS: "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE"
    08 POINTS: "SKYFALL"
    07 POINTS: "THUNDERBALL"
    06 POINTS: "SPECTRE"
    05 POINTS: "TOMORROW NEVER DIES"
    04 POINTS: "LIVE AND LET DIE"
    03 POINTS: "THE SPY WHO LOVED ME"
    02 POINTS: "LICENCE TO KILL"
    01 POINT: "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE"
  • Keep voting dear forummembers :-). Where's @Marketto007 by the way :-P?

Here I am... :D

12 POINTS: "THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH"
    10 POINTS: "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE"
    08 POINTS: "SKYFALL"
    07 POINTS: "THUNDERBALL"
    06 POINTS: "SPECTRE"
    05 POINTS: "TOMORROW NEVER DIES"
    04 POINTS: "LIVE AND LET DIE"
    03 POINTS: "THE SPY WHO LOVED ME"
    02 POINTS: "LICENCE TO KILL"
    01 POINT: "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE"

Great TOP 10 Marcos ;-). Good to have you back Sir. How was the bourbon with Lazenby?
    @Gustav_Graves My pleasure brother. Hanging out with the man himself was amazing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You had drinks with The Laz? Lucky bastard!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Wow, drinks with Laz, plus @marketto's top two Bond films, aren't that shabby.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 3,277
    jake24 wrote: »

Yep @jake24!!! Together with our buddy @doubleonothing :D

krSqAun.jpg

• @Marketto007 is the Godfather of these forums. Always friendly, very positive, tongue-in-cheek....and a man you want to hug if you feel a bit bad ;;)
    I hope you didn't tell him your favourite Bond film was The World Is Not Enough lol. :) I'm gealous
    @marketto What event was this, that the great Laz felt compelled to attend?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

krSqAun.jpg

Oh My God...I need more of this. Lots more!
  • But what's even more interesting, is @Marketto007's unconditional love for "The World Is Not Enough" ;-).
    He"s just got it bad for Christmas Jones
    Wants a glimmer too :P
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »

Yep @jake24!!! Together with our buddy @doubleonothing :D

krSqAun.jpg

Congrats mate! That's a once and a lifetime opportunity right there.
    Who wouldn't want to enjoy Christmas once a year. If you're being a good boy, Christmas might come twice

• timmer wrote: »
    @marketto What event was this, that the great Laz felt compelled to attend?
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/event-ohmss-in-oslo-report?id=04148

GoldenGun wrote: »

Great to finally see your love for "Thunderball" now hehe. If I may ask...what happened?

Rewatched it and enjoyed every single second of the film. ;)
    Still have to put my list up--this question may be too simplistic, but how do some of you rank the Bond films: as objectively as possible according to film standards; your list of personal favorites; or a combination of the two? I'm guessing it varies from person to person.
    In terms of meeting Bond celebrities, yes, Lazenby is a nice chap. Chatted to him for a while at an autograph signing in London. Who I think is a really top bloke though as we talked for quite a while is John Wyman who played Erich Kriegler in For Your Eyes Only. Very nice, down to earth man. Is there a thread for Bond fans who have met Bond actors and supporting actors?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I rank them simply as the Bond films I think are truly great. I am a big fan of cinema, and rate all films by a set of criteria that I think have to exist amply in any film for it to be good, regardless of genre, with some personal tastes thrown in there for good measure. I think my Bond rankings would reflect Bond movies that happen to simply be great films with care taken to story, character, cinematography and other important aspects of filmmaking. I'm drawn to movies that treat Bond as a human with depth, and that explore his inner life and world in interesting ways, which is why the entirety of the Craig era is present in it, as is Dalton's LTK, OHMSS, and Sean's best. Overall they are the movies I think are the greatest use of film conventions matched with Bond's world in tandem.

Genre wise I'm a big noir fan, so a lot of my film tastes drive me to movies with more grounded approaches to character that display worlds more full of moral grays and stories showcasing complex and flawed people facing unique challenges. Again, I think these personal tastes are also evident in the Bond movies I enjoy most and that I think are the greatest in the franchise.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Still have to put my list up--this question may be too simplistic, but how do some of you rank the Bond films: as objectively as possible according to film standards; your list of personal favorites; or a combination of the two? I'm guessing it varies from person to person.

3 measures enjoyment, 1 of quality, 1/2 a measure of music

My ranking has a lot to do with personal enjoyment, but I also consider film making elements, action, characters, dialogue, etc weighted towards the things that matter to me most such as score

Birdleson wrote: »
    It's all personal for me. I am fairly judgmental in regard to film, but with Bond I tend to be more lax. There are things that occasionally occur in Bond films that would have me walking out the door in any other situation (bad dialogue, expository dialogue, double-take pigeon, bad acting, etc.).

That's very true, DAF is a hoot to watch but very disappointing quality wise especially compared with the preceding film.

On the other hand, we fans have certain standards and expectations when it comes to Bond films and some minor aspects won't be overlooked
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thrasos wrote: »

If you could keep just one Bond film, which would it be?

If you could keep one more, which would that be?

And so on.
  • Thrasos wrote: »

I specifically asked everyone in here what they think is the best Bond film. As objectively as possible. As if they were newspaper critics. Still, a poll like this is obviously very subjective too. Some favoritism comes to the surface as well. Then again, that's the characteristic of every poll :-). Anyway, good luck with your TOP 10.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 2,252
    Oh objectively. Oops

EDIT: Read the original post, doesn't mention objective anywhere, phew.
    from worst film towards your best quality Bond film
    w2bond wrote: »
    Oh objectively. Oops

EDIT: Read the original post, doesn't mention objective anywhere, phew.
    from worst film towards your best quality Bond film

Surely we want to be subjective. We want to find out everyone's own tastes.