Colonel Gaddafi captured or killed .

edited October 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
Looks like he was shot in both legs and possibly in the head by rebels while trying to flee in a convoy,which was gunned down by nato aircraft :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15385955

There is also a photo circulating of his corpse covered in blood held by rebels,which i have seen,but we will see - it looks like he is dead.

Comments

• just saw the footage about half hour ago. Dragged him in the streets like a dead dog. To be honest as much as this repulses me, I think he had it coming. There are thousands of widows, orphans, raped women and children who won't shed a tear for him.

The interesting thing is, that he had a load of muck on and dirty deals info stored away somewhere. The real race is to find this. Blair, Bush, the french midget and italian pedoident better look out.
    Well i also hope that's justice for the Lockerbie victims and IRA victims.
  • And of course Yvonne Joyce Fletcher. Shot unarmed by his cowards.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2011 Posts: 15,692

forgetmyusername, don't worry, Chirac will take care of him...

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    The scum of the world can never hide forever. I hope the Libyan people can move on now.
  • Good to see that this hateful regime is finally over, and that millions of people will no longer be terrorised.

Wait, that was Westlife splitting up. Good to see that Gaddafi's gone :P
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Syria next I hope...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

forgetmyusername, don't worry, Chirac will take care of him...

this is all i could think of when seeing those pictures...

Sarkozy in pic 1, Chirac in pic 2 (predecessor of Sarkozy).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sad news. I wanted the job of putting one in the bas@#$%.
    A couple of comments:
    Tell me why these tin horn dictators don't get the hell out of dodge when their reign is crumbling around them. Idi Amin cleaned out the treasury and went to Saudi Arabia and lived a life of luxury until he recently died.
    Papa Doc Duvalier and his wife took the money and moved to Paris and lives the high life. Like Saddam Hussein, Khadafi chose to die like the sewer rat he was.
    Khadifi and other like him (Congo, etc) have been crushing their people for years and it was never a problem. somehow the multinational oil companies in northern Europe decided he had to go and of course President Obama gets sucked into it. Now we have a leg up and our oil companies can invest the Libyan oil fields (just like Iraq)
    Problem here is are you going to start seeing $2 gallon oil prices here? I doubt it. so it was all for the oil billionaires to get richer.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    My first reaction was "he was still in Libya". I'd figured he would have taken refuge in another African country.

Let's hope that Libya can start anew.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    A couple of comments:
    Tell me why these tin horn dictators don't get the hell out of dodge when their reign is crumbling around them. Idi Amin cleaned out the treasury and went to Saudi Arabia and lived a life of luxury until he recently died.
    Papa Doc Duvalier and his wife took the money and moved to Paris and lives the high life. Like Saddam Hussein, Khadafi chose to die like the sewer rat he was.
    Khadifi and other like him (Congo, etc) have been crushing their people for years and it was never a problem. somehow the multinational oil companies in northern Europe decided he had to go and of course President Obama gets sucked into it. Now we have a leg up and our oil companies can invest the Libyan oil fields (just like Iraq)
    Problem here is are you going to start seeing $2 gallon oil prices here? I doubt it. so it was all for the oil billionaires to get richer.
    kiss $2 for a gallon of gas goodbye.. we'll never see it again... the oil companies know they have us by the balls, since we have become overly dependent on it as a society..

it's all about profiteering - they bend us over because they know we can do nothing about it..
    My first reaction was "he was still in Libya". I'd figured he would have taken refuge in another African country.

Let's hope that Libya can start anew.
    And then what? some other dictator or ruler who will kiss the arses of the multinational corporations and when they get tired of the bj or get bit they will petition the fat heads of NATO to rid them of this person.
    Corporations benefit we get bent over the table and blasted in the arse or to put if in layman terms "buggered"

With all the corporate greed out here I think I understand how the French felt in 1789 and how the Russians felt in 1918 about their "priviledged classes" . They hated them and brutally murdered them. I am not advocating we go to Wall Street and drag these billionaires thru the streets and mud prior to stringing them up but I do not pass judgement on the Russians and French. I feel their pain and hatred...