Where were you when the London 2012 Summer Olympics started?

edited July 2016 in Bond Movies Posts: 32
Can't believe it's been 4 years since 2012 Summer Olympics in London started on 7/27/2012, 9pm GMT 0!

It was on tape delay in the US at 7:30pm on NBC, of course the James Bond segment of the opening ceremony is my favorite, followed by Mr. the Bean's acting segment. Too bad that the NBC edited out the London 7/7 memorial portion. So the NBC coverage of the Olympics sucks.

The Rio 2016 Olympics is only a week away!!!

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    jorgem wrote:
    Can't believe it's been 4 years since 2012 Summer Olympics in London started on 7/27/2012, 9pm GMT 0!

It was on tape delay in the US at 7:30pm on NBC, of course the James Bond segment of the opening ceremony is my favorite, followed by Mr. the Bean's acting segment. Too bad that the NBC edited out the London 7/7 memorial portion. So the NBC coverage of the Olympics sucks.

The Rio 2016 Olympics is only a week away!!!

Bond making you proud to be British (a rare experience these days) was certainly an epic moment.

What can poor old Brazil do to top that? I'll stick my neck out here and say I think Pele might make an appearance at some point.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Not being very interested in sport, I remember watching the Bond segment, with Her Majesty
    and Daniel ( still wish she'd called him Commander Bond ) :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I have to say I never watched any of it but then I don't watch any sport really. Each to their own and all that jazz!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I fondly remember the opening ceremony. I can't believe it was 4 years ago now. Despite not being very interested in sport, I watched loads of the Olympics. I was really quite something seeing local girl Jess Ennis take gold. Everytime I walk past her Golden Letterbox tribute in Sheffield, I always have a smile on my face.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    In front of the telly.
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
    in my shorts eating Cheeties
    Was that before the 200 meters ? ;)
    yes and after
    It is the food of champions.
    sub-museevictorpost2-cmyk.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I was in my apartment in Oslo. Caught the opening ceremony by chance and thought it was pretty daft. Didn t watch anything other than that.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I was in my apartment in Oslo. Caught the opening ceremony by chance and thought it was pretty daft. Didn t watch anything other than that.

I'd say that you probably saw the best part, before the sports commenced. I actually picked up the Blu-ray for the London 2012 Olympics because I saw it was directed by Danny Boyle and I think he was still in the frame to direct Bond 25 when I found it cheap. Still haven't watched it, though. The interest isn't really there but I may get around to it at some point.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Haha. Oh my God this thread. And I say that for my own personal reasons. (good memories)