In Which Movie was Bond the Most Inept

13»

Comments

goldfinger diamonds are forever live and let die would defenitly be the ones where he should of acted better
  • Hi Guys,

New to the site - so be gentle with me!

For me it has to be TMWTGG. Comically swallowing a bullet, fake nipple “disguise”, “saved” by the girls, “helped out” by the little boy on the boat, losing car keys, and allowing Nick Nack to live at the end.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    You know a funny thing: the films that Bond was the most inept in, were directed by Guy Hamilton.
    QoS

So the hotel in the desert goes up in flames and he is trapped in a room with Camille. And he just sits there waiting to die with her (before the gascylinder which saves them is exposed)?

At least Bond learned in TWINE to "always have an escape plan"
    What did Bond do in Octopussy?
    Besides saving Octopussys life several times, speaking german and preventing World War 3?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    What did Bond do in Octopussy? The only accomplishment I can really think of was disarming the bomb, but he was dressed as a clown. Does it really count?
    He did switch the Faberge eggs, and sway Octopussy to his side several times.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Hi Guys,

New to the site - so be gentle with me!

For me it has to be TMWTGG. Comically swallowing a bullet, fake nipple “disguise”, “saved” by the girls, “helped out” by the little boy on the boat, losing car keys, and allowing Nick Nack to live at the end.

... and dropping the gun. Still irks me.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    QoS

So the hotel in the desert goes up in flames and he is trapped in a room with Camille. And he just sits there waiting to die with her (before the gascylinder which saves them is exposed)?

At least Bond learned in TWINE to "always have an escape plan"
    They had nowhere to go, and as soon as the opportunity presented itself, he took it. Remember, Craig's Bond doesn't have a Q to give him advice like the Connery-to-Brosnan Bond did.
    Craig's Bond doesn't have a Q to give him advice like the Connery-to-Brosnan Bond did.
    Or a Q to give him a gadget that will be exactly what Bond needs to escape his current predicament (that's my one concern about a possible return of Q).
    They had nowhere to go, and as soon as the opportunity presented itself, he took it. Remember, Craig's Bond doesn't have a Q to give him advice like the Connery-to-Brosnan Bond did.
    Can't really think of another Bondmovie where he just gives up and sits there accepting to die like that.

And I know that he hasn't go Q, so I guess that just proves that he hasn't learned many of the skills of the previous Bonds.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited November 2011 Posts: 5,979
    I chalk that up to poor writing/editing. In any case, it doesn't seem like Bond.
    Can't really think of another Bondmovie where he just gives up and sits there accepting to die like that.

And I know that he hasn't go Q, so I guess that just proves that he hasn't learned many of the skills of the previous Bonds.

Give him time. We don't know what the Connery-to-Brosnan Bonds were like at the beginning. Before Craig, Bond was always already a seasoned agent (even in the novel series). He could very well have been just like the Craig Bond is now, he just needs time to grow into the seasoned Bond.