Eliminated
    3. Roger Moore
    4. Timothy Dalton
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    =D> good game.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Sean Connery taking top spot is about the only thing I'd agree with. Obviously Tim deserved better and honestly I sometimes don't get Moore's divine status among fans.

But nevertheless, to each his own. It was an exciting game and at least the number 1 is the bloke who made Bond an icon.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Sean Connery taking top spot is about the only thing I'd agree with. Obviously Tim deserved better and honestly I sometimes don't get Moore's divine status among fans.

But nevertheless, to each his own. It was an exciting game and at least the number 1 is the bloke who made Bond an icon.

In the words of Agent Smith, 'it was inevitable'.
    I thought this was gonna be a quick game, but with 50 points this could take a long time.
    Just took a few weeks Q
    Final ranking

1. Sean Connery
    2. Daniel Craig
    3. Roger Moore
    4. Timothy Dalton
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
    Cant argue really with the top spot, even if you dont agree with it! I think it will always be the case no matter how many actors end up playing Bond, if anyone is asked to name just one they'll always trump for the ex coffin polisher!
    Fair play that Craig got second place, the only one that would have tallyed with my own list
    1. Dalton
    2. Craig
    3. Connery
    4. Moore
    5. Lazenby
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Cant argue really with the top spot, even if you dont agree with it! I think it will always be the case no matter how many actors end up playing Bond, if anyone is asked to name just one they'll always trump for the ex coffin polisher!
    Fair play that Craig got second place, the only one that would have tallyed with my own list
    1. Dalton
    2. Craig
    3. Connery
    4. Moore
    5. Lazenby

No Brosnan?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I agree with your top three @Mathis1 with either
    Daniel or Sean in top spot, depending on which Bond
    Film I've watched. :D
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Final ranking

1. Sean Connery
    2. Daniel Craig
    3. Roger Moore
    4. Timothy Dalton
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby

Could have been worse. Actually the only changes to my list would be to switch around Brosnan and Dalton, and switch Craig with Moore (pre-SPECTRE this would not have been the case, I would have had Craig as a strong second, he lost quite a bit of cache in goodwill with me on that one).
    Do the shortcomings of Spectre reflect that much on Craig for you? I mean, I guess it's sort of fair considering his producer status, but I thought his role in the film was least of the problems. If anything, he showed an expansion of acting talents from his previous entries.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    I see it differently. His performance may be the most off-putting aspect of the film for me. If he had been as intense and engaging as he had been in the previous three I may have forgiven the weaknesses in plot and dialogue (at least to a far greater degree). From his first moments on screen I have trouble with Craig in SPECTRE. I do understand what he was trying to do; that this is a more seasoned, relaxed Bond, but it just didn't work. He seems prissy to me. Bitchy even. Snarky sarcasm just does not work with Craig.

He is bitchy. That's the word. When he's in M's office being scolded for creating an international incident. When Dalton or Lazenby rebelled they didn't sound like that at all.

Another good example is the meteorite scene where Bond makes a jibe at Blofeld, saying 'except it did stop.' It is only mildly funny with Craig's delivery. Imagine Moore, Connery, Brosnan or Dalton saying that line.
    I find it hard to place Brosnan as I think he was miscast! I'd sooner put David Niven in!!
    I dont get the criticism of Craig in SP. I found it a supremely confident performance. To me, like Dalton, he's not capable of giving us less than 100%. It would be one of the reasons i wouldn't put Connery at 1 or 2. He definitely appeared bored at times in the role!
    A bit too cold and unemotional to take the top spot to, imho!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I thought this was gonna be a quick game, but with 50 points this could take a long time.
    Just took a few weeks Q

Ten days.

LAXIT
    BROXIT
    DAXIT
    MOXIT
    CRAXIT

CONNERY REMAINS.

Only stupid thing here is that Brosnan is way too high.
    Would have been very surprised had Mr Connery not won!
    Final ranking

1. Sean Connery
    2. Daniel Craig
    3. Roger Moore
    4. Timothy Dalton
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby

Not too far off my ranking which is

1. Timothy dalton
    2. Daniel Craig
    3. Roger Moore
    4. Sean Connery
    5. George Lazenby
    6. Pierce Brosnan

The issue with this game is I really would of loved to have seen how Niven and Nelson would of faired ... Perhaps in a few years post bond 25 we can try this game again with every actor who played including the two (or three depending on how you count Peter Sellers) unofficial ones.