The New Bond - Rowan Atkinson?

edited October 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 94
Yes, I known that he had in past, a really small faw..(ugh) role in one of Bond films. Yes I known that he is comedian.
But: Who is the first British, a typical British man? Yes - he. Even he get an invite from wedding of the some well known sister of Pippa for being something like symbol of Britain. And elsewhere - he really get good marks (at least from me) in Johnny English.

The most interesting thing that I want to see - if he is a so good actor, that he can play non comedian role? I think yes, and will be more than glad to see him...

Comments

Although in my opinion there are many things wrong with this idea, the one that everybody will agree with is that he is now too old to play Bond. Maybe in his NSNA days but not now
    Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q
    While we're at it, why don't we cast Mike Myers in a role? Or Leslie Nielsen (yes, I know he's dead). Or anyone else who was ever in a spy parody.
    No way,what a mad idea - now could he play Doctor Who ? ....yes.
  • Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q
    This actually has potential! Provided he plays it serious and not 'Mr. Bean' goofy. I could totally see it
  • hes actually a serious guy in real life and so what if he played johnny english, he has a classic bond type image.

unfortunatly hes 56 now, a little old imo. But if he was afew years younger then id say he'd be great.

i think what he could do now is play Q, or even better, doctor who
    He had the "classic bond type image" when he was younger??

http://www.moviewatchlist.com/cast_gallery/images/Rowan Atkinson (3).jpg

He had the image of a guy Bond would have given a wedgie had they both gone to primary school together.

It's amazing how many people go for the whole "if he has ever worn a tux on screen, he can be Bond" mentality.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can't believe this is even a thread. [-(

I agree. By every standard he is just an average man. Some people say Daniel Craig is the average man's Bond. But Atkinson seems like everyman's everyman, very pencil neck, nerd'ish et cetera. Even though he likes fast cars in real life (and crashing them) he is in no in way Bond material. Never has been. Never will be.
    Yes, I known that he had in past, a really small faw..(ugh) role in one of Bond films. Yes I known that he is comedian.
    But: Who is the first British, a typical British man? Yes - he. Even he get an invite from wedding of the some well known sister of Pippa for being something like symbol of Britain. And elsewhere - he really get good marks (at least from me) in Johnny English.

The most interesting thing that I want to see - if he is a so good actor, that he can play non comedian role? I think yes, and will be more than glad to see him...
    Are you out of you mind? He not even serious or good enough of this role Johnny English is a enough you wrote a rubbish Thread.
    I can't believe this is even a thread. [-( </blockquote
    I agree with you I not just Believe this a Thread a rubbish one.
    Now my comments. He played Blackadder & his most popular Mr.Bean. He play an unofficial Dr.Who episode as spoof Doctor which I never image him play either. I think his actor career is good. So let him do his acting that we all know best.

• He had the "classic bond type image" when he was younger??

http://www.moviewatchlist.com/cast_gallery/images/Rowan Atkinson (3).jpg

He had the image of a guy Bond would have given a wedgie had they both gone to primary school together.

It's amazing how many people go for the whole "if he has ever worn a tux on screen, he can be Bond" mentality.

link doesn't work
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 94
    Firstly look at this photo (royal wedding arrive, the Craig doesn't get the invite - cause the symbol of UK is more Atkinson that Craig, with his rather south Eastern European style):
    http://sin.stb.s-msn.com/i/50/3913171B6B2D5D1CD139334117FBA.jpg

Imagine him for e.g. in typical British landscape situation - when he doesn't play a 'bean' like character he more fits Royce and royal hunting than other.

Second. You have the interview with real SIS agent there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theoneshow/consumer/2008/09/23/exclusive-justin-at-spy-hq.html

and known how real spies should look alike. Basically he would be someone like Rowan.

Hmm I think that Bond film series need something like at least innovative and original for ~ 50 anniversary.

What would be more shockable and better to make for one(1) film experiment with Atkinson? Ok, he don't have a look of playboy - but his behaviour is something like this - crashing luxury cars is a good example. Ok, he is 56 but Bond had about that anniversary.

And yes people connect him with spy movie now. Also he is a good actor - remember that very important(for me more than Craig etc.) actor, who doesn't known in real life, how to put the TV to the electrical outlet?

Hmm and maybe it's more than for British culture - if You want an stereotypical British guy look You get everything in Atkinson. Next Bond could be black, asian, or other look - no one will say that Bond wasn't making some bridges between old and modern British culture.