Which Book to Take on Business Trip

2»

Comments

• hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    FRWL or DN

DN was a good book but I sold it at a carboot for 20p now I regret that in my opinion it is one of flemings best!
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    FRWL or DN

DN was a good book but I sold it at a carboot for 20p now I regret that in my opinion it is one of flemings best!

I hope it wasn't a First Edition!

• Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    Holy bible. Help you through tuffest times and help you in the funnest times.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I'm Christian, but I do not see how that is a relevant comment on this thread, @Bradford4.

Ah, yes I do: because of the thread's title. OK, I get it, no problem. I was connecting your comment to the previous comment; my mistake.

I do take my bible when I go on an extended trip (more than 2 weeks). But I also take Holmes stories and sometimes John Mortimer's Rumpole stories. :)

A Firing Offence by George Pelecanos.
    Holmes is a good choice. Maybe some Poirot, but nothing beats Fleming on a train or plane. Maybe an audiobook in the car too.
    Audio books can be very enjoyable on trips, yes!
    I want to get Holmes and Bond stories on audio books. Will do maybe in the next few months.
    007InVT wrote:
    FRWL or DN

I hope it wasn't a First Edition!

OMG I Think it was! Whats meant to be on the cover sold it like 3 years ago!
    007InVT wrote:

No wasnt that one I think it was bluey green.
    It's Not That I'm Bitter . . .: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Visible Panty Lines and Conquered the World.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    Guys checking in, catching up... Anyone take me up on my suggestion? I host a wenesday night online bible study for more info. PM me.
    Anything by Elmore Leonard. Always a fun read.
    Jim Butchers Harry Dresden series.
    Also good: The Panther by Nelson DeMille. I like his rather quite sarcastic and strong wit that pops up throughout his thriller/spy novels.