Computer Question: What is this and Why does it come up?!?

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited March 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 823
I hope there is a Techno Geek among you!

>:D<

Once a day, whether I am just reading my Yahoo Email or I could be on Facebook or in an online forum like MI-6;

the hard drive would start running and then this would pop up.

I clicked okay and it goes away but the hard drive would start running again and a second identical one would pop up.

I click okay and it would go away too and then the hard drive would stop.

Google says it's something associated with the Printer; I don't have any Printer connected to this laptop nor do I have any Printer software for any particular model Printer installed on this laptop.

It's annoying when it comes on; during the time the hard drive starts running and this thing pops up twice and I click okay twice to make it go away, sometime it's 2 min and sometime it's 5 min.

During that time, I can't do anything.

The mouse cursor moves but I can't click on anything in my browser and if I minimize the browser, it won't let me remaximize again.

I also can't open any programs either.

I did a full anti virus and anti spyware scan and it found nothing; I thought maybe this was a virus or spyware but it's not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/j7wild/untitled.jpg

thank you!

Comments

• edited March 2011 Posts: 107
    You're correct; it's not a virus. It's actually a fairly common problem. I would try reinstalling your web browser and seeing if that helps.