Bond with a twist

in Fan Creations Posts: 4,599
So I have been working on this script for what seems like years but in reality about a year, heres the thing. It has a plot twist which is exposed during the climax. Bond and plot twists? a bridge too far or something fresh to add to the Bond cocktail? Its very easy to remove twists to turn them into linear story lines.
Gut reactions please?
or is impossible to comment until reading the script

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Oh I love a good plot twist, and they did flirt with the idea a little with FYEO.
    Setting up one character as the villain, only to show us later, we'd been
    Fooled. ;)
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 377
    ?
    I'd love to see plot twists make their way into the Bond franchise. As @Thunderpussy said, they flirted with the idea of one in FYEO and seemed to genuinely try for one in TWINE, only to botch it by making it evident early on that Elektra was involved in the plot somehow.
  • Ummmm we have had many plot twists already. Vesper being affiliated with the villains. Mathis being Le Chiffre's ally(although this gets muddled in the confused QOS script). Dominic's plan being about water as opposed to oil. Blofeld being Bond's step-brother. These are all plot twists. In CR's case, a twist ending.

Additional twists: Goldfinger does not want to steal gold, YOLT is a SPECTRE operation (we didn't know until two-thirds in), Mr. Big is Kananga, Koskov's defection was faked, Alec survived, Gustav Grave's identity, etc.
    Mathis wasn't Le Chiffre's ally. Le Chiffre dropped his name after the car crash in order to confuse Bond and, assuming he was aware of Vesper's involvement with Quantum, put Bond's attention on Mathis and away from where it should have been, which was on Vesper.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,817
    dalton wrote: »
    Mathis wasn't Le Chiffre's ally. Le Chiffre dropped his name after the car crash in order to confuse Bond and, assuming he was aware of Vesper's involvement with Quantum, put Bond's attention on Mathis and away from where it should have been, which was on Vesper.

It's still meant to be a twist though.
    EDIT: muddled in QOS because they don't explain it very well for the casual filmgoer to understand
    I don't think that @patb is talking about that kind of twist, though. I think what he's referring to is a true twist ending. Pretty much any story, especially those in the spy genre, are going to have plot elements that could be called twists. Stories are pretty boring unless something unexpected like that happens. Bond doesn't really do those kinds of true twist endings, where the rug is pulled out from under the audience in the climax of the film and what you thought to be true or what you were expecting to happen ended up not being fulfilled.
  • dalton wrote: »
    I don't think that @patb is talking about that kind of twist, though. I think what he's referring to is a true twist ending. Pretty much any story, especially those in the spy genre, are going to have plot elements that could be called twists. Stories are pretty boring unless something unexpected like that happens. Bond doesn't really do those kinds of true twist endings, where the rug is pulled out from under the audience in the climax of the film and what you thought to be true or what you were expecting to happen ended up not being fulfilled.

Ah. I suppose CR is the only example then? But I guess the film went on for so long after Le Chiffre died you knew something was gonna happen.