Which Bond Do You Relate To In Real Life?

edited October 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 3,494
Here's the premise to follow. If you had the opportunity to meet a Bond actor in real life for a relaxing meal, some drinks, and a few hours of general good conversation, which one do you feel you would get along with best based on your mutual personality, mutual interests, and general admiration for what you know about them from interviews and other media sources? You should not consider your personal favorite Bond on screen as your first choice. I'll set the example.

While Sir Sean Connery will always be my ideal on screen Bond and is my favorite actor of all time, I don't think I would enjoy spending time with him nearly as much as I would with Sir Roger Moore, who is at best 4th in my on screen ranking. First and foremost, I'm not about a hard time when I can relax. I love to laugh and have a good time and Rog seems to have the sense of humor closest to my own. He makes me laugh in a good way in every interview I've ever read, and I know I could make him laugh in return because I'm a jokester myself. I admire the work he has done with children because I am a very devoted Dad to my kids. They have my time whenever they want it, I give them all I can freely and happily, and to me a child is the most precious gift a human can create. He gets that and I suspect he is much like me with my kids, and would never allow a child to suffer if he could do something about it. I could see myself easily relaxing with him over a gourmet meal, enjoying a few drinks and lots of laughs, and then retiring outside to enjoy a good stogie, having all of that in common. I believe we would be great friends by the time we parted company.

The floor is now yours if you wish to respond. I will be around to make sure it stays on topic and to convey the spirit of the thread if need be.

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited October 2011 Posts: 2,629
    I would agree that Moore would be the best dinner guest. Moore is probably the easiest to get along with and would be more than happy to share some Bond stories over a good meal.

I would probably have to pay Connery $1M to show up. Lazenby would already be drunk when he got there. Dalton wouldn't be too bad of a guest if he didn't play his brooding Bond character. Brosnan would expect me to give him a check towards his charity, and I'd probably have to sit through Dan's and Rachel's wedding photos.

• I would probably have to pay Connery $1M to show up.
    I'd think it be easier if you just ask him to eat a plate of Haggis with you.
  • SexpionageSexpionage Suspended
    I relate to George lazenby the most due to being the outkast and loner of a once prominent franchise.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Definitely Moore. He's the sort of guy you can take anywhere and have a great time.
    defenitly moore he would be the most amusing and the easiest person to talk to since hes more laid back
  • I would of said Moore too, he's easily the most laid back and phlegmatic, and would have some stories to tell and would be some good company

Dalton also after some quick consideration and not being biased with my second answer

Brosnan has some level of charisma and he's got a very fun filled resume and you could imagine a few fun hours spent
    I think Brosnan.....I love the fact he speaks up for the need to take care of our oceans and all that is in them......
    Moore also is a true man of merrit......I think these two have very big hearts, which they show more than other Bonds, and it`s for these reasons, they are welcome to my dinner table!
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    We had this thread many moons ago on KTBEU and my answer hasn't really changed. Sir Rog would be my choice, simply because he is such a raconteur, a man with such charm and wit, with a diamond sharp ability to recollect, even at his age, and a man who has integrity and quality. He is probably the man I most admire and aspire to be like. He's not my favourite Bond, but he is certainly a first class human being, a gentleman, and I can't imagine a greater honour than spending an afternoon listening to his stories over a beverage or two.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 2,107
    Easy choice. Moore. He is (or seems) like a real people person and clever and funny too.
  • brosnan comes across as a nice guy.

and say what you will about moores films but you cant deny the fact that hes an awesome bloke
  • Although I'd probably have more in common with Dalton or even Craig to a degree, I agree that I'd want to hangout with Moore the most. He seems he'd keep me entertained all night.
    I also relate to George Lazenby and would like to meet him for drinks and a quiet chat.
    Roger Moore would be the most fun and charming

I would pass on Pierce Brosnan. Doubt he and I would get along...