Ben Affleck's The Batman

A place to discuss the future solo ben Affleck batman film and I want to start off by saying this thread is just about Ben affleck's batman movie where as the batman thread we currently have is about all batman films and batman v superman thread... We don't need to go on what is going on there so as many argued the key to a great film is a great story my opinion There are 5 great graphic novels Affleck can pull from (in my opinion) that would not only guarantee a billion dollars (if done right) but will have audiences begging for more

1. Batman The Long Halloween

Do I need to say more then great story + great classic villains + great batman moments = a billion dollars. Plus I can totally see Leto's joker trying to kill all of Gotham in order to kill the holiday killer

2. Bruce Wayne Murder

This one I see as not only bring likely but actually tying into both batman v superman and justice league nicely. Bruce is found guilty of murdering his gf so he figures he will just be batman from now on but the bat family (in this film I can imagine Wonder Woman coming in and taking that role nicely) convinces him to find the real killer who happens to be David Cain ( who did so on order of lex Luther) add in a thrilling climax where batman has to save Cain from Deadshot and I could see this being a dark gritty but dare I say it fun batman movie

3. Batman Prey

Hugo strange scarecrow cat woman and batman having to solve Strange's puzzle and we have a great two hour film. A simpler plot then the world saving justice league or avengers but it's batman he doesn't need high stakes to keep us interested

4. Batman Hush

Really one could make a trilogy of films based on this story but yeah the idea of batman facing a moriarty type villian who anticipates his every move kind of like that plus if they go for true adaptation we could have batman beat up superman again.... Yeah I have felling only I want this one but even without the batman superman fight there is still enough story drama and action to keep fans glued to their seats

5. Batman Fear the Reaper

And obscure batman graphic novel but since KGBeast was in Batman v Superman and no one complained I doubt people would be upset about a brutal harsh reaper especially if he asks batman to kill and be brutal once again after giving it up could be interesting and well done

So what do you guys think I tried to avoid the classic old man batman stories as affleck looks way younger then the batman of the dark knight returns batman beyond and even the killing joke...

I figure we wil start with story and what should be adapted since all we know about the film are the writers director and three (affleck irons and Simmons) stars of the piece discussing story only seems the most likely step and considering Goyer and Snyder are far away from this I figure we could all enjoy a good positive discussion without brining up controversial films that May or may not have had dire finical impact.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.