Why has there never been a biography of Richard Maibaum written?

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited March 2016 in Bond Movies Posts: 17,804
I've been wondering about this over the last while. Given Richard Maibaum's importance as a scriptwriter on the James Bond films between 1962 and 1989 isn't it exceedingly odd that there's never been an official or even unofficial biography written about the man who adapted and wrote screenplays for many of the earlier James Bond films?

I suppose that his contributions to scripts are covered in books like Charles Helfenstein's ones on OHMSS and TLD and Some Kind of Hero (2015) probably goes in-depth on this too, but I still think it would be great if we had a biography of the late, great man himself - Richard Maibaum.

Comments

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Maybe because there isn't enough general interest to warrant such a book. I think there are many important people in the Bond franchise who don't have a biography. Perhaps big volume with short biographies of important Bond team members might work??
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Unsung Heroes of Bond: The legends behind the icon. That's a book I'd read. :)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Murdock wrote: »
    The Unsung Heroes of Bond: The legends behind the icon. That's a book I'd read. :)

Where can I preorder :D