The concert thread

edited September 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 11
Apologies if there is already a thread on this but, on the old site we had a thread on concerts we had seen or were going to see...Anyways!

This year and last year I have seen, The Beach Boys,Forever The Sickest Kids,Anarbor,John West,Wynter Gordan,Rockie Fresh, Patrick Stump and Arcade Fire. In a few weeks im going to see Patrick Stump again and Panic! at the disco.

So who have you guys seen?

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Seeing Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in Stockholm tonight, it's gonna be magic.

They seem to enjoy themselves and perform great =D>
    Saw King Diamond this saturday, one of only two shows he's going to do this year. Very awesome stageshow, the whole stage was dressed as a haunted house with starcases and crucifixes and candles etc. And he had old Merciful Fate guests on (as well as others). His voice sounded as good as ever

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,692
    Going to 'Les Vieilles Charrues' this July..... Breakbot, Martin Solveig, Justice, Selah Sue, The Rapture, Gossip, Bob Dylan, Santigold, LMFAO and Kasabian all playing in the course of 4 days.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Gotta big year for concerts.

Already saw O.A.R.
    Will see: REO Speedwagon, STYX, and Ted Nugent
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, and ZZ TOP

And for me the most anticipated concert of the year...will be seeing RUSH!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 1,497
    Seeing Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in Stockholm tonight, it's gonna be magic.
    They seem to enjoy themselves and perform great =D>

Awesome! Tom Petty is one of the greats!

Just got my Neil Young & Crazy Horse tickets for the Hollywood Bowl! Can't wait!
    Going to 'Les Vieilles Charrues' this July..... Breakbot, Martin Solveig, Justice, Selah Sue, The Rapture, Gossip, Bob Dylan, Santigold, LMFAO and Kasabian all playing in the course of 4 days.

DC007: I'm not familiar with this, is this like the big musical festival in France, kind of like Glastonbury? Sounds like a pretty cool line-up.
  • @obin gam- Kiiiiiiiiing! Come to the graves.....I love King Diamond, lucky you!

I remember with fond memory a 1976 show at the Tower Theatre, Petty on his first national tour opening for Rush during their "Farewell To Kings" tour. It was like putting mustard on a peanut butter sandwich. We booed Petty off the stage. Ah, good times.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Petty and Rush, I would have loved to have been there. This would have been a dream concert in 1989 with Full Moon Fever being Petty's apex and Presto with Rush off the synths and back on the strings.

Shame on you Henry for booing Petty off.

[-X
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Kerim wrote:
    Petty and Rush, I would have loved to have been there. This would have been a dream concert in 1989 with Full Moon Fever being Petty's apex and Presto with Rush off the synths and back on the strings.

Shame on you Henry for booing Petty off.

[-X

hahaha what can I say to that... :P

That's Philly for ya.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    JBFan626 wrote:

DC007: I'm not familiar with this, is this like the big musical festival in France, kind of like Glastonbury? Sounds like a pretty cool line-up.

Yes, it's the biggest musical festival in France !
    Looking forward to seeing the mighty Mudhoney this summer at Bumbershoot, the big music festival here in Seattle. If you haven’t seen Mudhoney live, then you haven’t seen Shakespeare the way it was meant to be played.

From the show I was at last year. My ears are still ringing:

• I've seen Tim McGraw in 2002 and in '07 with Faith Hill. Last summer, I went to a concert with Blue Oyster Cult opening for Meat Loaf and then the week after I caught the Journey concert in Toronto with Foreigner and Night Ranger. Spectacular.

This July I will be going to see Boston with 54-40 opening. I'm considering going to see Journey again in Ottawa with guests Pat Benatar and Loverboy in September.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,347
    On Friday, I'm seeing the Boss a.k.a. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, here:

ullevi.jpg
    Ullevi stadium, Gothenburg

It's gonna be epic. as always with them B-)