James Bond Recent Themes

in Music Posts: 21
I was watching Spectre the other night and as the film ends it plays a cracking version of the James Bond Theme.

Even through they release a sound track album the recent film scores seem to lack this part even when there is a version over the closing credits. Having watched the closing credits I noticed that David Arnold is credited for this latest version of the historic Bond Theme.

This however isn't included on the album which is produced by Thomas Newman. Even through the CD says the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, it doesn't include the Bond Theme (only in segments) but instead includes an instrumental version of Sam Smith's Writings On The Wall.

What difference would it have made if they included the David Arnold track. Which could have been added onto track 26 which states it's the End Titles which yes it would be after the initial Bond tune.

The theme tune is part of Bond and when you get a soundtrack you expect it on there, especially where it is used as the End Titles. Look at those dodgy songs they had at the end of the films in Brosnan Tenure. Could of done with out them on there but they still were added.

I can't see what the difference is really.

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Quite frankly, the way they did the soundtracks in the Craig-era is a catastrophe.

Skyfall or WOTW were not on the album which is totally inexcusable.

And you are right, why not the end titles?

Two words: Total incompetency.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Quite frankly, the way they did the soundtracks in the Craig-era is a catastrophe.

Skyfall or WOTW were not on the album which is totally inexcusable.

And you are right, why not the end titles?

Two words: Total incompetency.
    I think it has to do with the composer being involved with the actual theme or not. In the case of Newman, he had no involvement in the making of Skyfall or Writing's on the Wall.
    Which is fine but you could say that about the previous soundtrack albums when they had a song on the end or beginning which didn't have any involvement with the composer.

I agree with you BondJasonBond006 it is bad of Eon not to have made sure that the sound track itself is available in it's entire format.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Bond theme at the end of Skyfall and Spectre was just this one.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 21
    Yes but as I say it doesn't feature on the Soundtrack even if it featured on both films you would expect it to be placed on the album... I guess it might be because David Arnold is no longer the main composer
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It probably comes down to Royalties.
    Yeah that's a shame through :(