Clive Owen confirms he was never in contention for Bond role

2»

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    Just because you change the Bond doesn't mean you will change the film. If your film is crap, one actor won't change it. Craig is brilliant and people still complain(hitting close to home?).
    That may be true, a better actor may not be an upgrade for a film in this case since Craig is himself is a very good actor and still delivered a nice performance. Bond flicks where weak acting performances hurt the film, like TWINE for instance, may have been considerably better had a decent acting performance been possible.
    Just because you change the Bond doesn't mean you will change the film. If your film is crap, one actor won't change it. Craig is brilliant and people still complain(hitting close to home?).
    I think a different leading man makes a difference, CR would have been the same movie but with a different feel to it since Craig and Owen are not the same person.

That difference would have made a difference in a sequel movie, even EON plays with the strong parts of their actors. QoS might have been similar but be different.

I like Daniel Craig as 007 but I find that his 007 movies have been not all that it could be. The sinking house sequence at the end of CR I would have gladly seen changed for something less spectacular that would have required is acting skills it could have given OHMSS ending a run for their money instead of going for spectacle. QoS is in my humble opinion the best reason to keep the franchise out of the directing hands of artyfarty folks and the editing made an even bigger mess. I sincerely hope that with Bond 23 Craig gets a decent outing otherwise he'll end up being the biggest promise with the least result. ANd that would be a waste of Daniel Craig.

• edited September 2011 Posts: 1,894
    Only there wouldn't have been any complaints about the color of his hair.
    No, just about the quality of his acting.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,894
    Owen as Bond? I can't imaging Owen going Hulk Style, which is a good thing. If The Inrernational was an idea of what his Bond would have been like, then I can't say that I would not be curious to see what his Bond could be.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Considering he'd follow up Brosnan, Owen would look Oscar worthy in any dud film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Considering he'd follow up Brosnan, Owen would look Oscar worthy in any dud film.
    Evidently - Owen is magistral in most his movies, especially in 'The International', which IMO wipes the floor with Craig, Brosnan and their 6 movies.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 886
    Never for a moment did I think he honestly was tbh.