Moore camp?

It is a little know fact that DAF was written with Roger Moore in mind. A more serious script was written before Roger insisted on a more light hearted approach. An anonymous insider says that Roger felt the Connery films 'took themselves too seriously' and wanted a more comical script. Of course as we now know Roger had to wait his turn. But his insistence on the tone of the films was unabated. 'The Bondola was Roger's idea, as was the double taking pigeon. Originally Moonraker had a more serious script but Roger wanted it to be given the usual camp treatment. He even wanted a double taking dog in FYEO but we eventually appeased him with the parrot gag at the end.' In fact many of the camper moments, or 'Mooreisms' as they became known to the Bond team, were Roger's ideas. 'Cleary the films were a hit with the public so you could say Roger was in touch with the public mood. Often we felt he had gone too far, but he was the star, so we had to go with it most of the time'.

Of course it was well known that Moore disliked the darker side of Bond, being reluctant to dispatch Loque in the ruthless fashion he did, but these new revelations shed more light on the dramatic shift in tone from earlier films.

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A link to where this originated will give it better chance of remaining open.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,130
    I know he is a nice guy but why his stubbornness of staying away from violence?
    he was playing a character after all, he wasn't doing the violence for real so I think someone should have told him that yes Bond needs some humor but at the Bond is either action or thrillers.

He ruined Diamonds are forever practically, the film could have been your usual Connery adventure but because he wanted they changed it.

Maybe im the who is stubborn or close minded but if an actor is so against violence or sex in films he is the one who should leave and im talking only about Bond.
    The actor from Fifty shades was so uncomfortable with the S&M that he wasn't able to do his best in those scenes.
    really take the part as it is or leave. Ugh actors who are so against sex and violence in films frustrate me.
    At least there are the ones who say prefer to pass on or use a body duble than changing everything for them.

Examples Michelle Pfiffer rejected Basic Instinct because of the sex and violence and Silence of the lambs because of the violence.
    I prefer them to say thank you i won't do it, than changing a whole film just for them or giving a bad performance because they dont feel fine with the material after investigating.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Bollocks. But then again, this isn't the first time you've fabricated a story.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    A little bit of mischief, I think. As the double taking pigeons etc were the directors idea,
    and DAF was written for Connery. ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2016 Posts: 17,805
    Another pile of dung from this poster. I think it's time he was shown the door.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm not a Mod but locking this thread and binning the clown who posted it seems the most reasonable course of action.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I thought I've seen clips of Lazenby filming early scenes with St. John for DAF.

Surely this is a joke.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Closed as the original poster cannot back up his claim with a link.
This discussion has been closed.