Which Couple Do You Think Had the Best Chemistry?

2»

Comments

• But why did he say no to Bibi?

I'm surprised I have to keep explaining this to people.

It was thematically necessary. Q keeps telling Bond, "Oh, grow up 007." FYEO is the movie in which he actually DOES act like a grown-up. The film starts with him at Tracy's grave-site, and has several instances of him advising Melina against seeking revenge. After the over-the-top goofiness of MR, this film purposely took a more realistic angle on the exploits of James Bond -- and one of the ways the film-makers did that was to have Bond act more responsibly in choosing his bed partners. Responsible adults don't bed underage nymphettes, even (especially!) those as willing as Bibi.

• Moore and Adams in Octopussy, felt there was a genuine connection between them.

For sure! More age appropriate as well, and Adams really exuded this mysteriousness. One of my favorite Bond girls - well written, well acted.

If I remember correctly Moore said Adams was his favourite. Every scene they are in together is great.

• edited February 2016 Posts: 11,189
    Sean Connery and Louis Maxwell.
    Moore and Adams in Octopussy, felt there was a genuine connection between them.

For sure! More age appropriate as well, and Adams really exuded this mysteriousness. One of my favorite Bond girls - well written, well acted.

If I remember correctly Moore said Adams was his favourite. Every scene they are in together is great.

Moore's apparently admitted to making up answers whenever he's asked that question. However, I can believe Maud genuinely was his favourite. They were a very believable couple.
  • Moore and Adams in Octopussy, felt there was a genuine connection between them.

Hmm, well that sounds right then. It shows!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Ah yeah I didn't think of Bond and Melina. They had more a good professional relationship/chemistry rather than a sexual chemistry.

And I missed Bond/Octopussy as some have mentioned. Again it's not so much sexual chemistry but they are good in their scenes together
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    And thanks for your comments on TLD. Of course I don't agree at all that Dalton was cold, I mean in those scenes in Vienna I don't understand at all how he could be considered 'cold'. I respect your opinion though since many share it. And I agree that Kara was occasionally a bit of an airhead, like when she flies the plane, but her acting is fulfilling during the crucial moments, I think.

Yes, the cello chase was one big Moore hangover. At least they cut the infamous 'magic carpet'. Even in LTK we felt Moore hangovers (the bizarre truck stunts).

It's a mixed bag, the relationship between Bond and Kara. Next time I watch TLD I'll watch it from your perspective. Either way it's still my number 1.

I like the cello chase and truck stunts...cello doesn't suit the tone of TLD but that and the car chase are a lot of fun. That's where the Glen films have an inconsistent tone - FYEO and OP are big culprits. I like them because they incorporate the fun and the serious - although most don't like the inconsistent tone