'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

1457910138

Comments

  • Posts: 406
    I liked Amy and Rory, and it was nice to have them with the doctor for more than one series unlike the others, yes rose stayed for two series but two doctors and there was no proper consistency with them till matt
  • Posts: 1,856
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,307
    The Christmas Special should be shot soon but they've likely started with another episode first.

    Looking forward to the return of Doctor Who hopefully in August.
  • Posts: 6,432
    noticed when watching captain America again Jenna Louise has a small role in that movie. scene where tony starks father is showing his hovering car. must say very attractive girl.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Still waiting for the Jena Malone Batwoman movie that's never going to be made.Moderator
    Posts: 11,974
    Rare Dalek Invasion Of Earth: 2150 AD 'making of' footage has been found.

    http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/#Lost-Doctor-Who-Movie-Footage-Unearthed
  • Posts: 1,492
    Has anyone been following 'The Wife in Space' on Gallifrey Base. Its where a fans watches all episodes from the start with his non-fan wife. Its actually pretty funny.

    http://wifeinspace.com/

    They are up to The Talons of Weng Chiang
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,307
    The new team - coming next year:

    blogger-image-1881395130.jpg

    Currently filming episode 11.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,455
    Do we know when the new series will be broadcast?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Still waiting for the Jena Malone Batwoman movie that's never going to be made.Moderator
    Posts: 11,974
    Rumour is that she's called Clara, according to DWO.

    Anyway, I like that waistcoat, it's a good look for the Doctor. :-B Bring on series 7.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,307
    NicNac wrote:
    Do we know when the new series will be broadcast?

    Rumour has it the 25th August or the 1st September. There will be five episodes and the Christmas special this year.

    Early next year will have episodes 6 - 13, with Matt and Jenna-Louise.

    I love the waistcoat too.
  • Posts: 1,856
    Samuel001 wrote:
    NicNac wrote:
    Do we know when the new series will be broadcast?

    Rumour has it the 25th August or the 1st September. There will be five episodes and the Christmas special this year.

    Early next year will have episodes 6 - 13, with Matt and Jenna-Louise.

    I love the waistcoat too.

    ABC (The Aussie one) has announced their airing in September, And If last year was anything to go by ABC aired about 36 hours after BBC.
  • Posts: 12,241
    Has there been any news on when the new series begins on the BBC? And is it gonna be done in 2 parts seeing as they are losing and gaining a new assistant?
  • Posts: 1,856
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Has there been any news on when the new series begins on the BBC? And is it gonna be done in 2 parts seeing as they are losing and gaining a new assistant?

    No, The BBC only confirms their schedule two weeks in advance. So we'll have to wait for August or September.
  • Posts: 12,241
    Cheers Virage! Just wondered if they were gonna repeat what they did last year?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Still waiting for the Jena Malone Batwoman movie that's never going to be made.Moderator
    Posts: 11,974
    Vengeance On Varos is next up for the Special Edition treatment, release date is 10/09/2012:

    http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/#Vengeance-on-Varos-Special-Edition-DVD-Cover-Details
  • Posts: 406
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Has there been any news on when the new series begins on the BBC? And is it gonna be done in 2 parts seeing as they are losing and gaining a new assistant?

    There will be 5/6 episodes in the autumn, some people think the end of the august/start of september, a break, christmas special, probably another break then the remaining 7 episodes next year
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Still waiting for the Jena Malone Batwoman movie that's never going to be made.Moderator
    Posts: 11,974
    Caroline John aka Liz Shaw has passed away earlier this month, June 5th. 1940-2012

    http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/#Obituary-Caroline-John-(1940-2012)

    Even though she was in just 5 stories she was one of my favourite companions.

    RIP Caroline (Liz).
  • Posts: 1,143
    Caroline John aka Liz Shaw has passed away earlier this month, June 5th. 1940-2012

    http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/#Obituary-Caroline-John-(1940-2012)

    Even though she was in just 5 stories she was one of my favourite companions.

    RIP Caroline (Liz).

    Yes very sad news, RIP Caroline (Liz) It shows the impact she had as although not in many stories she was very memorable.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,307
    Another one gone and so young.

    RIP Liz.
  • Posts: 4,793
    As Jon Pertwee was my first Doctor, Liz Shaw was my first Companion (thanks to BBC Prime who aired the classic series from Spearhead From Space on in the 90's). Which is why that news feels me with sadness. RIP, Ms. John. You will be missed.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Posts: 1,699
    Sad, sad news about Caroline John. Died too young for these days we live in.

    Liz Shaw may not be among my favourite companions, but she was a good 'un; extremely competent, a good foil for Pertwee's deliciously dandyish Doctor and she rocked those mini-skirts. And Ms John was quite the actress too - just check out her final story Inferno, in which (like the also recently sadly departed Nicholas Courtney) she plays double roles and damn well too...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,307
    Diana Rigg to star in Doctor Who! She'll appear in an episode broadcast next year.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Dame-Diana-Rigg-and-Rachael-Stirling-to-Star-in-New-Series
  • Posts: 3,311
    Indeed, Sam. Avengers actress Dame Diana Rigg will perform alongside her daughter Rachael Stirling in a new episode of Doctor Who, it has been announced today.

    It will be the first time the two have been seen together on screen. Mark Gatiss has written the episode where Rigg will play a Yorkshire local and Stirling will play her daughter. Details on the characters are few, but the BBC have said they will be a duo with a 'dark secret'.

    Rigg said of the announcement: “the first time Rachie and I will be working together is on an episode of Doctor Who specially written for us by Mark Gatiss. How lucky is that?”

    Her daughter said she had not worked with her mother before because the offers had 'not been tempting'. She added: "but when such a funny and original script comes through you know the time has come.”

    Diana Rigg became famous in the Sixties for roles on screen such as Emma Peel in The Avengers and in the Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/9370201/Diana-Rigg-cast-opposite-her-daughter-in-Doctor-Who.html
  • Posts: 12,241
    bondsum wrote:
    Indeed, Sam. Avengers actress Dame Diana Rigg will perform alongside her daughter Rachael Stirling in a new episode of Doctor Who, it has been announced today.

    It will be the first time the two have been seen together on screen. Mark Gatiss has written the episode where Rigg will play a Yorkshire local and Stirling will play her daughter. Details on the characters are few, but the BBC have said they will be a duo with a 'dark secret'.

    Rigg said of the announcement: “the first time Rachie and I will be working together is on an episode of Doctor Who specially written for us by Mark Gatiss. How lucky is that?”

    Her daughter said she had not worked with her mother before because the offers had 'not been tempting'. She added: "but when such a funny and original script comes through you know the time has come.”

    Diana Rigg became famous in the Sixties for roles on screen such as Emma Peel in The Avengers and in the Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/9370201/Diana-Rigg-cast-opposite-her-daughter-in-Doctor-Who.html

    Thats great news to hear, will be great to see her onscreen again. When does Dr Who return this year?
  • Posts: 3,311
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Thats great news to hear, will be great to see her onscreen again. When does Dr Who return this year?
    The rumour is Series 7 of Doctor Who will begin airing on either Saturday 25th August or Saturday 1st September.
  • Posts: 12,241
    bondsum wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Thats great news to hear, will be great to see her onscreen again. When does Dr Who return this year?
    The rumour is Series 7 of Doctor Who will begin airing on either Saturday 25th August or Saturday 1st September.

    Cheers Bondsum, figured it could not be much longer now? Keen to see some new adventures and how the new assistant works out?
  • Posts: 1,143
    RogueAgent wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    Indeed, Sam. Avengers actress Dame Diana Rigg will perform alongside her daughter Rachael Stirling in a new episode of Doctor Who, it has been announced today.

    It will be the first time the two have been seen together on screen. Mark Gatiss has written the episode where Rigg will play a Yorkshire local and Stirling will play her daughter. Details on the characters are few, but the BBC have said they will be a duo with a 'dark secret'.

    Rigg said of the announcement: “the first time Rachie and I will be working together is on an episode of Doctor Who specially written for us by Mark Gatiss. How lucky is that?”

    Her daughter said she had not worked with her mother before because the offers had 'not been tempting'. She added: "but when such a funny and original script comes through you know the time has come.”

    Diana Rigg became famous in the Sixties for roles on screen such as Emma Peel in The Avengers and in the Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/9370201/Diana-Rigg-cast-opposite-her-daughter-in-Doctor-Who.html

    Thats great news to hear, will be great to see her onscreen again. When does Dr Who return this year?

    That really is great news. I very much look forward to that episode! I love it when Doctor Who turns to famous household names that relish the chance to appear in Dr Who like they've won a golden ticket!
  • Posts: 1,492
    Caroline John aka Liz Shaw has passed away earlier this month, June 5th. 1940-2012

    http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/#Obituary-Caroline-John-(1940-2012)

    Even though she was in just 5 stories she was one of my favourite companions.

    RIP Caroline (Liz).

    Yes very sad news, RIP Caroline (Liz) It shows the impact she had as although not in many stories she was very memorable.

    One of my favourites. The seventies companions had a touch of magic about them.

    I still say her working on the plague antidote in Silurians was the best use of a companion in fifty years of the show.

  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Great news about Diana Rigg becoming a Doctor Who alumnus - and her daughter, of course.

    In actual fact, a few years ago I was lucky enough to catch Rachael Stirling in a stage production of the 1973 Hammer horror film Theatre Of Blood (co-starring Jim Broadbent in the Vincent Price role), in which she played the character her mother had in the original. And, must say, it was staggering just how much like a young Diana Rigg she sounded, looked and moved. Like mother, like daughter truly...
  • Posts: 1,856
    Okay Riggs episode has began filming.
    It appears to be set in a 19th centuary town called Sweetville. Riggs charictor has been refered to as Mrs. Gillyflower and The Ice Lady.

    Also Jenny (Madam Vastra's "Companainion") has been seen on set without the worlds favorite Silurian.... :-?
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-filming-welcome-to-sweetville-35461.htm

    Also DW will be returning to Comic Con this month with trailer 2.
Sign In or Register to comment.