pick a song to be bond 23 theme

edited September 2011 in News Posts: 12,837
if you could have one song as the theme for bond 23, which would it be??? id choose love the way you lie (part II) and name the film after the song

Comments

• I'd be more than content to a have a From Russia With Love type effort and have no lyrics at all, just some pleasing sounds, you know, something like that, if they could manage it, no 'singing' etc
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 5,745
    I'd be more than content to a have a From Russia With Love type effort and have no lyrics at all, just some pleasing sounds, you know, something like that, if they could manage it, no 'singing' etc
    Would be awesome ONLY IF ol' Danny Arnold GTFO.

I like feeling good by both Muse and the original Nina Simone.
    (Would be a terrible name though)

Has the trumpets, the vocals, the lyrics, its just perfect.
    "Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life, for me and I'm feeling good"

Fits bond moving on from the Vesper troubles perfectly.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was going to post 'Feeling Good' @JWESTBROOK. I have already stated that I am surprised EON hasn't used the song for a Bond film. I has that edge and sound that fits a Bond title for me. 'Cry Me A River' would be another great choice I feel. The recent remake by Michael Bublé is chillingly great and you can hear the Bond influence in the beginning instrumental piece. Any thoughts?? I've posted the video below.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 5,745
    I can see majestic lady figures falling in the background to those opening notes most definitely, Brady.

GREAT song choice, even better for a Bond film.

If they're going for a classic (Connery-like) movie, especially theme, Buble is where its at. This is a great song.

Bulble did a cover of Feeling Good as well, with a Bondian music video!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I know @Baltimore. I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Bublé, and I love the covers of Sinatra he does as well. It is nice to see someone sing great Sinatra and do ol' blue eyes fantastic justice. Anyway, back on point. I love the video for his 'Feeling Good' cover, and seeing all the Bond influences is great. I can't count how many times I've watched this video. Michael carries great vocals that build up to an explosion of power at the end, then slowly backs off in true Bond fashion. When the music fades I can so see the screen transitioning to the first shot of the film. Great cover that I could definitely see in Bond 23. I will support Michael every time.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 303
    Just out of wonder; have we ever had a Bond theme that has already been released before that particular film, that was released with no connection to a future bond film before, but was later chosen to be a 'bond film theme'?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Just out of wonder; have we ever had a Bond theme that has already been released before that particular film, that was released with no connection to a future bond film before, but was later chosen to be a 'bond film theme'?
    No, never. All the Bond films have had specifically composed theme songs written for them.