What can SPECTRE (organization) do in Bond 25 and future films to prove its power?

I am only a new member and working out how things work so please be patient.

With all the terrorist related activities happening around the world at the moment, and in the last decade with the vast amounts of Spy genre films being released . What can SPECTRE do in future films that still is original. I personally would like to see the various SPECTRE departments such as counter terrorism, revenge and extortion being shown in the films posing a threat towards Bond and the world. What direction do fans want leading into the future of the EON francise with SPECTRE as the main antagonist ? What can SPECTRE do that is new and creative yet still poses a threat

Comments

• OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Welcome! =)

About SPECTRE and originalitiy, this is indeed an interesting topic to think about. I would say that to show SPECTRE's power, the filmmakers could show its influence, resources, organisational structure, history, and of course a nice evil plan to boot.

Influence would be like Quantum, where it is revealed that Quantum had been involved in dictatorships, overthrowing governments etc.

Resources would be how much money and manpower it has, and the most direct method of showing that would be to show to the audience how many sophisticated bases SPECTRE has around the globe, and its facilities essentially.

Organisational structure would be the classic Number 1 Number 2, and yea having the various departments of SPECTRE fleshed out would help tremendously in that aspect.

History would be the equivalent of HYDRA in the MCU, mysterious (ie only given a hint) at the start but only to be revealed in the end that its origins tie in as far back as the Middle Ages. Of course with the whole brother storyline for Blofeld its impossible to do such a thing, but it could be entirely possible that Blofeld inherited or overthrown another previous leader of SPECTRE. After all, its never explicitly stated that Blofeld CREATED SPECTRE...from scratch...

I do agree that it is becoming increasingly hard to come up with an original and realistic evil plan nowadays, especially when there are so many evil plans out there already established =P I would love a return to SPECTRE's origins, where they orchestrate a conflict between 2 powerful nations and reaping the benefits. (Thats what I planned for my fanfiction Bond 25)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Blow up the world (just for a start).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    First things first, the proper villainous pronunciation of the word, power...

Pooouuuuaaaahh
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    doubleoego wrote: »

Pooouuuuaaaahh

Indeed, like how Zorin says it on the airship in AVTAK! :))
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was persuading the world he didn't exist. I wonder if Blofeld's trial at the Old Bailey in Bond 25 will achieve just that. And then Spectre will continue to do what its new name suggests (I think they have dropped the acronym and now its the actual word) by manipulating governments to war, cashing in on the stock market or commercial implications that a particular war would create. This would play to any number of conspiracy theories and with the right script could be a terrific espionage-political thriller.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Pooouuuuaaaahh

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Pooouuuuaaaahh

Indeed, like how Zorin says it on the airship in AVTAK! :))

And how Walken said mo cowbell!
  • Blofeld's next plan should be to stop the Bond movies from being made
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States

Pooouuuuaaaahh

hqdefault.jpg Unlimited Pooouuuuaaaahh?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just steal a couple of nuclear bombs and hold them for ransom !
    ( sometimes the old ways are the best ) ;)
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,965
    Make Hillary Clinton President