So there was never a KEYSER SOZE?

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited September 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 823
The crippled (Kevin Spacey) made up the whole story about it but did the event on the boat really happen?

It was just a ruse to get everyone killed and killed the Argentinian and leave no witnesses?

Comments

No, Kevin Spacey is Soze. Verbal Kint is just the identity he crated for himself.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    So Verbal Kint shot Keaton and Hockney and stabbed McManus even when the movie scenes showed him hesitating around the dock and trying to get away in the van;

those scenes are just made up by him!

But what is the motive?

To silence that Argentinian witness and Keaton and McManus and Hockney and Fencer just happen to be "available and expendable"?
    No, Keyser Soze did all that. Verbal Kint is just the identity he created to protect himself.

You have to remember that Kint is an unreliable narrator. What he says happened isn't necessarily what actually happened. He did, after all, tell the police his story in exchange for full immunity. He gave them enough detail that they would act on his information, and be satisfied with it enough to give him that immunity. Then he left, only for the police to realise the entire thing was just a story.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    what a great ruse! he fooled everyone!

This is only my 2nd time watching this.

I seen it one time in the theater and I didn't think much of it then!
    That's the entire point. Soze knows he got caught, and so used things he found in the interrogation room to form his story. All throughout the film are clues that he might be lying, chief among them being Kobayashi. Kobayashi is a Japanese name, but Pete Pothelswaite, who played Kobayashi, clearly isn't Japanese. Indeed, Kobayashi was the name of the company that manufactured the coffee mug.