The 2011 Rugby World Cup NZ [ ALL BLACKS VICTORIOUS!!!!]

edited October 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 1,856
Okay the Rugby World Cup has just started up here in All Black-land. If you want to know I HATE rugby but I will never miss an opening ceremony.

In hindsight I'm glad I didn't. The opening cermoney was on Olympic Standered something I haven't seen from a world cup before. Compared to the crap (no offense) Dehli Commenwelth Games last year.

Anyway details. The ceremony build up started at 4pm at the fan site on the Auckland water front or the cloud. When 20 waka entered the Harbour. Then the masses where entertained until 7.30 by Kiwi music legends Dave Dobin and The Flynn Brothers.

Then 7.30 the magic started the lights around Edan Park dimmed. A tirditonal maori greeting calling the world to NZ, The stadium was flooded with help of a projector and the gigantic rugby ball shaped screen-floor. "Sail Boats" then took to the "water" and went round and where soon joined by "fish". These where soon temporally scared off by the massive to brothers to the sail boats, at 10 meters in length. Wich formed, with the help on the fish, two hammer head sharks. This faded into a volcano. Then suddenly a Maori tribe appeared from nowhere and proformed a Haka that cused the volcano to erupt and shoot flames 20-25 ft. in the air. Then quickly as they appeared they disappeared....

This gave way to a Boy who was playing rugby in his backyard. Suddenly the ball lights up and signals 100 tough rugby players (they officially have a better name but I can't remember it). In a skillful stunt sequence the boy tacals, jumps over and avoids all of them. but is stopped at the try line by about 10 players. The boy distracts them and the try line moves forward and he scores. Then the ball gets airborne and the players throw the boy up to catch it. The players disappear. The boy is driven to a lit fog. He walks through names of the great rugby players as the fog clears it reveals All Black great Jonna Lomu who points out a giant Webb Ellis Trophy.

NZ PM John Key and the IRB CEO open the tournament using the giant trophy as a stage (cue Haka). Then the whole cast gather to sing the RWC theme song.

Meanwhile in the CBD a maori conch caller begins the mulit-million dollar firework distraction for the transformation of edan park into a playing field. The fireworks where accompanied from music form the multi-cultural Auckland (steel drums, Chinese drums, pipe bands and orchestras all scattered over Auckland.). And that's about it.

The nice things are the little details when the kid scores the try the try board gose on. Also the references of Christchurch from subtle (The Boys shirt is Canterbury/Christchurch colours) and obvious (Lomu: Do it for Christchurch.)

The only problems it had was John Key giving a inappropriate speech and the helicopter camera for the fireworks keeped freezing.

raises the bar for London next year

10/10

NZ vs. Tonga is currently on at Edan Park, Auckland
Half time score 29-3 to NZ

#:-s

Comments

My Condolences to the people of wales. You had a lot of bad luck. Especially THAT penalty.
  • My Condolences to the people of wales. You had a lot of bad luck. Especially THAT penalty.
    The Warburton sending off was more unlucky. Seriously, if you're going to send someone off for that tackle in rugby, you might as well arrest people for speeding in Formula 1.
    Wales did incredibly well with 14 men, though, they should be proud of their achievements.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I am sorry my country has beaten Wales... I hope they'll get a good slapping in the final by the Blacks and another slapping by the fans when returning here. Don't worry I'll slap some of them myself.
    Okay semi 2 finished

Aussie vs. NZ

New zealand victory 20-6. This makes the final week shake up like this

Bronze final
    Wales vs Australia- Edan park, Auckland- 21/10 20:30 NZST

Grand final

France vs. New Zealand- Edan Park, Auckland- 23/10 21:00 NZST

Please note this is history repeating it's self as the final of the first RWC was France and NZ at the same stadium and wales and australia played the bronze but not at Edan park... So If the ABs beat France 29-9 and Wales win 22-21 something odd Is happerning.....
  • Please note this is history repeating it's self as the final of the first RWC was France and NZ at the same stadium and wales and australia played the bronze but not at Edan park... So If the ABs beat France 29-9 and Wales win 22-21 something odd Is happerning.....
    Whoah, that's actually quite interesting.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I would be surprised if France had enough to beat the All Blacks.
    I would be surprised if France had enough to beat the All Blacks.
    I Hope Not. In new zealand; The Suicide hotline will get engaged, Business close, Elections Cancelled (maybe thats a good thing), Eden Park burned down, War declared on france, Parliamentary Inquiry, ABs will go into hiding and the fresh team probably won't make it out of the country

Kick off on the bronze final : Auzzie vs. Wales!!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Okay bronze final over
    AUSTRALIA 21 WALES 18
    This makes Australia the bronze medal.

The Game went into extra time when Wales got 7 points from a try and conversion.

Sunday is the NZ - France final.
    Media Build up for the final, some people are all ready drunk!!!
    The French are advancing on the Haka,... Prepare for WAR!!
    KICK OFF ON THE RWC FINAL

NEW ZEALAND vs FRANCE !!

Keep up with it here...
    http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/rugbytracker/match=11235/index.html
    2:20
    0-0
    I hope NEW ZEALAND win and i live in australia.
    I don't know if the other aussies think that way.
    NZ - FR 5-0 currently

The French are currently going a lot of backwards.
    And 5-0 it still is at half time..

----------
    Second half away....
    France Scored!!!!!¡¡!!! :-S

8-7 to the AB's
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 7,653
    NZ-FR 8-7 currently, New Zealand is losing their faith?
    3 minutes to go.... BAAHHHHHH!!!!
    THEY've DONE IT!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations for any Kiwi on this forum, they made it all the way..........barely.

Kudos to France they did bloody well and deserved to win as well today.
    The Final is OVER
    New Zealand had a off game but the score stands
    ALL BLACKS 8 FRANCE 7
    NEW ZEALAND WINS THE WEBB ELLIS!!!!!!
    That's it for the 2011 RWC in NZ

Placings:

1st New Zealand
    2nd France
    3rd Australia
    4th Wales

The Webb Ellis Cup was brought out to the podium by the only other AB coach to win and a young Christchurch Rugby player.

If anyone can find pics POST THEM!!

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well played France, but over the course of the tournament the right team won.
    Woo hoo, they did it! A bit of a disappointing last game but overall well played. Rugby World champions! Great time to be a kiwi.