Sermio Gratia Sermionis: the artists' thread

edited September 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 110
Now, as far as I've seen, there's no thread for this, though I think there was one that was vaguely similar on the old forums. I thought it would be nice for all interested to have a thread devoted to discussing your art. What do you like to do? Is it writing? painting/drawing? filmmaking? even songwriting/general music-making perhaps? (It could be more than one, in which case your talent is admired across multiple realms.) How did you get into it in the first place, and how did it develop? What's your typical creation process? (Maybe you don't have one; intrigued ears are pricked even moreso, so do tell!) What's your degree of devotion/interest/investment/etc. in it? Even if it's just a "hobby on the side," if you feel what you do is only "semi-creating" (which is creating all the same), or if yours is part of a collaborative effort and you don't think of yourself as an artist (though it may well had ought to be said that you are), please share regardless.

Of course, some may wish to keep their art private, and that's perfectly understandable. For those who wish to discuss it, however, this is the place. Culture in any part of the world wouldn't be what it is today without artists, big and small, doing their thing. It's the incredible process by which an effort toward expression on the part of one or many takes ground and manifests itself as something beautiful and enthralling, something profound and thought-provoking, and, on occasion, helps us to understand our world, ourselves, and each other a little better. Even more incredible is the notion of being a part of it. So, pray tell: what do you do?

EDIT: My apologies, as I didn't notice that I posted this in News.

Comments