Connery: "Craig is the best James Bond".

2»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Perhaps for hardcore fans. But I know many who grew up with Moore or Brosnan hold those actors in higher place.
    Yes, that is obvious. What I am saying is if there was a worldwide poll, Connery would be the highest ranked.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Perhaps for hardcore fans. But I know many who grew up with Moore or Brosnan hold those actors in higher place.
    Yes, that is obvious. What I am saying is if there was a worldwide poll, Connery would be the highest ranked.
    And ? Should everyone who love Brosnan, Dalton, Moore stop ranking them higher because the majority prefers Connery ?

• Εγω λεω οτι και η δυο ειναι καλη αλλα περισσοτερο ο Craig

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

And ? Should everyone who love Brosnan, Dalton, Moore stop ranking them higher because the majority prefers Connery ?

I am stating a mere fact, but thanks for feeling the need to insert your two-cents again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,694

I am stating a mere fact, but thanks for feeling the need to insert your two-cents again.
    Answer my question - If the majority prefers Connery, does that mean the minority of people are not allowed to prefer an other Bond ? Or should we simply follow the opinion of the majority ?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Answer my question - If the majority prefers Connery, does that mean the minority of people are not allowed to prefer an other Bond ? Or should we simply follow the opinion of the majority ?
    No, he isn't saying that DC, so don't feel the need to provoke him. He said the majority will always prefer Connery, and I see no reason to disagree with that. Obviously that leaves the minority to prefer the other Bonds. He doesn't say they shouldn't.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I was 10 when GE came out so as far as I'm concerned I grew up with Brosnan BUT as an observer and a fan of the series I can honestly say that Connery will never be beaten. He is the blueprint by which everyone else is measured. Craig is great, the 2nd best for me but as what's already been said, you need something extra besides being a good actor to really nail Bond.

Some argue that Brosnan's 4th film was where he nailed the role. Lazenby wasn't even an actor but for all his flaws he did a tremendous job, Moore did his own thing and pretty much took the baton from Connery's more campy performance from DAF and ran with it and Dalton, as good as he was, he lacked a certain something that all other 5 actors have.