Another new DB5 re-release (does happy dance)

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
in Merchandise Posts: 1,400
http://www.corgi.co.uk/james-bond-aston-martin-db5-silver-thunderball-50th-anniversary.html

Meanwhile--still no DB10 and Spectre has allllmost come and gone from theatres. Well played, Corgi. Well played.

Comments

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited December 2015 Posts: 972
    I know right. No surprises for the DB5 because its a mold they have reused over and over again. Ridiculous. I'm still waiting for that DB10 from Corgi... Either that or the one from Hot Wheels Elite, even better!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Supposed to be Jan for db10..which means march.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thunderball? Come on Corgi, you're just going to repackage the GF model you've been selling for the last 51 years
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    =bg= wrote: »
    Supposed to be Jan for db10..which means march.

Which means never. If you're not going to release it when the film is in cinemas and in time for Christmas then why release it at all?

Then again seeing as Corgi don't seem to have the slightest idea how to run a business maybe they will.

This cracks me up:

'Please note - due to high demand for this product, only five models may be ordered per customer.'

High demand? Why is there going to be high demand for something everyone already has 15 of already? Now if you sold a DB10 you might see high demand cretins.

Isn't it about time someone at EON revoked Corgi's licence as they can't be making any money out of them? That's the SF, the 50th anniversary and SP all gone by now without them cashing in at all except for the predictable DB5 reissue. I'm embarrassed for them as much as anything. I know nothing about running a business but I do know Corgi are a joke. Don't they have shareholders to answer to?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I guess not. Corgi is an embarrassment. But the DB10 still says Jan:
    http://hornby.hornbynews.com/2TFV-2UYZ-CFKIS7GC5/cr.aspx
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    =bg= wrote: »
    I guess not. Corgi is an embarrassment. But the DB10 still says Jan:
    http://hornby.hornbynews.com/2TFV-2UYZ-CFKIS7GC5/cr.aspx

I guess it all depends on how long it takes the guy at the warehouse to file down some pallets of DB5s to make them look like DB10s as they only have one mould at the Corgi factory.

And judging from the picture in that link the roof has no lines across it indicating an ejector seat so no working gadgets seems odds on. Corgi really is a shambles.
    Does happy dance for yet ANOTHER DB5 model? Not me! [-( :-q Corgi should lose the license to produce 007 merchandise.