Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

17980818385

Comments

  • Posts: 401
    Mediocre song, still can't believe Craig actually cried listening to it. Is this the only song he's ever heard in his life?
  • Posts: 269
    Maybe it was the only song he was allowed to listen to during the film. In this case, he has reasons for crying. I would have killed myself. Luckily, it only spoils the film for a few minutes ^^
  • Posts: 12,506
    Good song married into a brilliant title sequence.
  • BenBen
    Posts: 121
    Skyfall down two places to seventh.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,352
    Damn, game over.

    Maybe one day we'll get a number one Bond theme. At least we have two that reached number two for now.

    :(
  • BenBen
    Posts: 121
    Yeah. But with a really successful and popular artist like Adele and a good song (in the majority of peoples opinion anyway, obviously not enough though) you begin to wonder if it will ever happen. Probably not ideal going against Rihanna, One Direction and Gangnam Style, Calvin Harris and Swedish House Mafia. Also the three weeks in between the release of the song and the release of the movie wouldn't help getting all the sales in one go.
  • Posts: 645
    New edit of the Lyrics video with the BeatDust mix.
  • Posts: 7,653
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Damn, game over.

    Maybe one day we'll get a number one Bond theme. At least we have two that reached number two for now.

    :(

    Come on, EON mishandled the whole release and with NO videoclip for visually based musiclovers of today you were lucky to find people really listening to it outside of the general 007 fanbase.
    If I watch musictelevision I do see Adele a lot but NO Skyfall clip whatsoever.

    EON shows once again that they lack a decent marketing director with a halfdecent vision. the ***********

  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,102
    I feel that the release schedule of the song ultimately hindered it, causing it to miss out on the Number 1 spot. It should never have been released for sale on the Friday, but instead just previewed on radio. Had it gone on sale the following Monday, it would have had a full weeks worth of sales and gone to Number 1 without a shadow of a doubt. EoN and Sony Music have only themselves to blame.

    And whilst a music video would have been nice, even if it was just Adele performing the theme in the studio with the orchestra, intercut with clips from the film, its understanderble that we only got a rather lously lyric video. At the time she was in the final stages of her pregnancy.
  • Posts: 7,653
    That said, she had recorded the song earlier so they could have filmed her singing the thing and later intercut it with parts from the movie.

    As I said poor execution from EON's marketing department.
  • Posts: 2,102
    SaintMark wrote:
    That said, she had recorded the song earlier so they could have filmed her singing the thing and later intercut it with parts from the movie.

    As I said poor execution from EON's marketing department.

    It was recorded in two parts; in May and August, so yeah.

  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,352
    Shocking really. The first Bond film since music videos have been around to not have one. Tut, tut EON.
  • Posts: 7,653
    Somebody should have known that with the coming of the videoclip music has turned visual as well. STill is apperently.

    We'll never get a number one hit again, even if she is Adele because there seems to be NO effort at all aimed at it.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Posts: 512
    third week in a row, skyfall is on the number one spot in the Netherlands.
    Maybe there was no music video because adele was pregnant.
  • Posts: 7,653
    JWPepper wrote:
    third week in a row, skyfall is on the number one spot in the Netherlands.
    Maybe there was no music video because adele was pregnant.

    Yeah her pregnancy was a total surprise and news for EON. O:-)

  • Posts: 91
    SaintMark wrote:
    even if she is Adele because there seems to be NO effort at all aimed at it.

    I really like Adele but too was underwhelmed by the song; fits well enough with the titles sequence, but you're right - seemed average considering the chart topping tunes she is capable of producing.

  • Posts: 7,653
    Dusty59 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    even if she is Adele because there seems to be NO effort at all aimed at it.

    I really like Adele but too was underwhelmed by the song; fits well enough with the titles sequence, but you're right - seemed average considering the chart topping tunes she is capable of producing.

    I was actually speaking about the promoting of the Skyfall single, which seems to be lacklustre at best. Adele has done better songs I agree but they should have launched it with a bit more fanfare.

  • Posts: 91
    SaintMark wrote:
    I was actually speaking about the promoting of the Skyfall single, which seems to be lacklustre at best. Adele has done better songs I agree but they should have launched it with a bit more fanfare.

    My mistake, Mark. I didn't notice much of the launch - and wouldn't have done had I not happened to have been on iTunes and YouTube that day where it did fill every banner.
  • BenBen
    Posts: 121
    Skyfall up two places to fifth.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,352
    It is better than nothing but it still doesn't make me feel better. The song failed at cracking number one.
  • Posts: 198
    It works fantastic in the movie! "Agent down" and then Adele... "This is the end"! Goosebumps!
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Posts: 578
    Classic theme. Luvit!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 22
    A pretty great cover was put up online today. Sam Tsui is a vocalist I've actually followed for a few years now...and I gotta say...it's actually, in my opinion, very good. No Adele obviously...but the best cover effort I've heard.

  • edited November 2012 Posts: 58
    Mallory wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    That said, she had recorded the song earlier so they could have filmed her singing the thing and later intercut it with parts from the movie.

    As I said poor execution from EON's marketing department.

    It was recorded in two parts; in May and August, so yeah.
    How do you know it was recorded in two parts?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 9,813
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    Mediocre song, still can't believe Craig actually cried listening to it. Is this the only song he's ever heard in his life?

    your too kind I dislike it more each time i hear it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 8,080
    It's an excellent title song but a slightly above average stand alone. For me the word Skyfall is used to excess.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    Mediocre song, still can't believe Craig actually cried listening to it. Is this the only song he's ever heard in his life?

    your too kind I dislike it more each time i hear it.

    -I was taking a bath, and as i heard it on the radio, my tears fell into the water..I simply could not believe it-but that was on the spot,-and I felt that the walls just started to cave in on me..! for others it might be for better or for worse-but You can certainly not entirely ignore it..

  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 972
    Is there no official music video of the song yet?
  • Posts: 278
    SaintMark wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Damn, game over.

    Maybe one day we'll get a number one Bond theme. At least we have two that reached number two for now.

    :(

    Come on, EON mishandled the whole release and with NO videoclip for visually based musiclovers of today you were lucky to find people really listening to it outside of the general 007 fanbase.
    If I watch musictelevision I do see Adele a lot but NO Skyfall clip whatsoever.

    EON shows once again that they lack a decent marketing director with a halfdecent vision. the ***********

    Hm, a Bond film thats taken a shed load of money and hasn't even been released in the US yet. Guaranteed to be the most succesful film ever.
    Do you actually think Eon care what people think about the theme tume? Its created to appear in the film, not the other way around.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,102
    adelefan wrote:
    Mallory wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    That said, she had recorded the song earlier so they could have filmed her singing the thing and later intercut it with parts from the movie.

    As I said poor execution from EON's marketing department.

    It was recorded in two parts; in May and August, so yeah.
    How do you know it was recorded in two parts?

    I have a copy of the single on 7'' vinyl. It says so on the back of the sleeve.
Sign In or Register to comment.