Rate The Various Categories – The Musical Scores. Final Scores!

167891012»

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    OHMSS and AVTAK on top. Of course, what else should be up there!

Only TLD should be higher, the rest seems ok, although SP and SF belong to the bottom way below DN.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I'd put TLD and GE higher, maybe also LTK. The rest seems fairly logical to me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Actually, @royale65, I'm not a bit surprised over these results. Maybe SP deserves to finish a bit higher but otherwise, nope, no big surprises here. Barry dominates the top scores and that's exactly how it should be, a law of nature so to speak. :)

Incidentally, do you think there's a chance we can play this game again but with only the sung theme songs (and their brothers and sisters, like Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Where Has Everybody Gone and such) in the contest? Something like:

- Vocal performance
    - Lyrics
    - How well is it used in the score
    - Bondian epicness

Just a suggestion. :)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Actually, @royale65, I'm not a bit surprised over these results. Maybe SP deserves to finish a bit higher but otherwise, nope, no big surprises here. Barry dominates the top scores and that's exactly how it should be, a law of nature so to speak. :)

Incidentally, do you think there's a chance we can play this game again but with only the sung theme songs (and their brothers and sisters, like Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Where Has Everybody Gone and such) in the contest? Something like:

- Vocal performance
    - Lyrics
    - How well is it used in the score
    - Bondian epicness

Just a suggestion. :)

This is a great idea.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Thanks for the feedback chaps. Personally I would have OHMSS, YOLT, MR and GF, but I can't complain of the results.

Now that's an idea @DarthDimi. Let me think about that. ;)
  • I'd have thought YOLT to come first. But ff course OHMSS won. This forum...
    YOLT is great, but that OHMSS main theme is one of the greatest instrumentals ever.
  • vzok wrote: »
    YOLT is great, but that OHMSS main theme is one of the greatest instrumentals ever.

That is true. But YOLT - Space March is genius too IMO.
    vzok wrote: »

That is true. But YOLT - Space March is genius too IMO.

Can't argue with that. A real golden age for John Barry.