Stock Footage/Sound from the James Bond Films used in TV Shows etc.?

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited October 2019 in Bond Movies Posts: 17,797
I've been wondering about this topic of late.

I recall a TV programme quite a few years ago that stated that the SPECTRE helicopter crashes in You Only Live Twice as a result of Little Nellie's armoury were later used as stock footage in an episode of The A Team in the 1980s and the programme showed the helicopter crashing to the ground in a ball of flame. The A Team had paid to use the footage as it was obviously very expensive to blow up a helicopter for real like this on a TV series budget and so it was cheaper to use this footage.

Does anyone perchance know which episode of The A Team this stock footage from YOLT was used in?

I know that Gobinda's scream when he falls off the plane in Octopussy was taken from the Moonraker PTS for instance, though that is more of a stock sound than stock footage I suppose. :D

I wonder if any of our members here know of any other such uses of stock footage or sound from James Bond films in TV series, films or even other Bond films?

If you do, I'd really love to hear from you via this thread. :)

Comments

The more famous example would be the use of the helicopter chase from FRWL in the title sequence of Gerry Anderson's "The Protectors", featuring Robert Vaughn and Nyree Dawn Porter :

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Why thank you, @Gerard. That one obviously passed me by!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I think you should check this series:

It is in Spanish but it is really fantastic the amount of things you can find. Films in Bond and Bond in films...
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Interesting idea for a topic.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I wonder if any of our members here know of any other such uses of stock footage from James Bond films in TV series, films or even other Bond films?
    In the final act of DAD, they launch a missile to hit Icarus. The shot of the missile launch is reused from TND's PTS.
    Of course, we also have the use of a shot of FRWL in the titles of GF, and the use of shots from other Bond movies in the titles of OHMSS.
  • The exploding helicopter from FRWL also appears in the Patrick Troughton, Doctor Who serial, 'The Enemy of the World' (rediscovered a couple of years ago) and also in the Jon Pertwee serial 'The Daemons' (1971).
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
  • Well slightly related, in CREED - Rocky, Adonis, and his girlfriend are sitting on the couch in front of the TV, and what are they watching? Skyfall! We see a brief shot of the train crashing and Bond diving out of the way. Rocky and Bond are both owned by MGM so that's why that happened I guess.
    The sound of the explosions of Scaramanga's island in TMWTGG are from the explosions of the poppy fields in LALD.