Ahoy ! Avast ! 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day' - September 19 **TODAY**

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited September 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 15,690
(I'm doing this thread now, so I don't forget it when the day comes... Feel free to lock it and re-open it on Sept 19)

Ahoy ! Avast ! On sept 19 be the Talk Like A Pirate day !! So gather 'round on the MI6 ship's deck, bring the grog and play the hornpipe, and let's have some fun !! Arrrrr !!

For more information : <url>http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html</url>;

And a handy English-to-Pirate translator : <url>http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/translate/</url>;

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I say, this sounds like a topping idea. HOORAAAH!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Ahoy, i'll have a rant against the Pirates o' the Caribbean series then, argh! And the fact thar'll be a fifth and sixth films.

This translator could be fun. ;-)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited September 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Any day is good to have some grog :ar!
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    can I call my wife a Wench?

historically a non-derrogatory word for a woman who was not a lady. thus a waitress in times of yore was a "serving wench."

"Call over the one of the kitchen wenches, i must needs have more ale. "

• edited September 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Ahoy, i Read this the day after it becomes illegal t' be a internet pirate around har,typical

any how A pence for an old man o'de sea?,Ye'll ne'er get me buried booty!, Scurvy sea dogs make ye land lubers walk the plank! Bring me that horizon! :ar!

Aye, and t' celebrate

8-X :ar! 8-X :ar! (actually how much do we use the pirate emoticon) 8-X :ar! 8-X
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Ahoy !! Today be t' day we can talk like pirates ! So brin' t' grogs and gather 'round on t' MI6 shipdeck, and let's have some fun !! Arrrrr !!
    Argh! Where be me ship wenches ,

me bottle 'o grog

and me parrot?

Without these thin's , I can not set sail. Arrrrgh!
  • http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,786376,00.html

the german parliament has now 8 seats occupied by the German Pirate Party - it's true.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Arrrghhh! The Pirate ship set sail amnd conquered the banks of the Berlin club of twits and twats!

• edited September 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Ar Happy Talk like ye pirate day

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    AHOY MATEYS! SHIVER ME TIMBERS I WISH YOU LOT A GOOD RUN OF IT ON THESE STORMY SEAS. I'VE BEEN WANTIN' TO BELT ME HEART OUT ALL DAY! JOIN PRIVATEERS AND LANDLUBBERS ALL IN THE SONG OF THE PIRATES!!!

ARGH! IT BE A GOOD NIGHT FOR GETTIN' ME FILL OF GROG! AVAST THOSE SAILS AND SEND US INTER' DAY AND LET ALL SEADOG BE RIPE STURDY FOR THE MORNIN'!

YO HO YO HO.....
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Arrrghhh! The Pirate ship set sail amnd conquered the banks of the Berlin club of twits and twats!

PIRATE KING? Pirate whoopsy, that's what 'e is! Now get em wenches an me rum, an' i'll tell you no story as i'll be drinkin' all night!
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 2,782
    http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/09/talk-pirate-native-somali/

talk like a Somalian pirate in his native language.

And of course anyone fancy some seaman and master bates?

Yarrrr!!!!