BOND 25 - Rumours

SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
in Bond Movies Posts: 2,138
John Logan has already written the majority of the script for the next film, it was written alongside SPECTRE, and although a two movie idea back to back was not agreed between, Dan, Mendes, EON and Sony the 1st draft of the Bond 25 script does exists already.

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Mendes latest comments make it sound like he is truly done

SM "Without giving too much away, the difference here for me is, this movie draws together all four of Daniel’s movies into one final story, and he completes a journey. That wasn’t the case last time. There is a sense of completeness that wasn’t there at the end of ‘Skyfall,’ and that’s what makes this feel different. It feels like there’s a rightness to it, that I have finished a journey"
    I know that Logan certainly came up with an outline of sorts, do we know for certain that a script is in existence? I think Mendes and Craig were against filming back to back, sounds like Sony wanted to cash in and have them both come out not long after each other. This si my understanding of what's gone on.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    tigers99 wrote: »
    I know that Logan certainly came up with an outline of sorts, do we know for certain that a script is in existence? I think Mendes and Craig were against filming back to back, sounds like Sony wanted to cash in and have them both come out not long after each other. This si my understanding of what's gone on.

The above is quoting from other sources, but after Logan was announced as returning for Spectre, he spoke about the task of writing for both Bond 24 and 25. SPECTRE's ending did feel like the half way point of a bigger picture, it would not surprise me if they go down the Godfather route and pick it back up a year on and that a Logan draft for Bond 25 is in existence and is a continuation piece.

The above is quoting from other sources, but after Logan was announced as returning for Spectre, he spoke about the task of writing for both Bond 24 and 25. SPECTRE's ending did feel like the half way point of a bigger picture, it would not surprise me if they go down the Godfather route and pick it back up a year on and that a Logan draft for Bond 25 is in existence and is a continuation piece.

Yes I remember that, but I also remember it getting downplayed afterwards. It's clear to me that Bond 25 will continue on from SP, if at least in its PTS. But how do we read the playing down of the story arc over 2 films? Maybe the second half wasn't that good? It got condensed into SP? We don't know.

My belief is it was condensed to finish in s way that next film can pick it up. So much down playing from everyone involved but you kind of get the sense it's deliberately being down played, maybe it's an expectation thing both Dan and Mendes have spoke about how overwhelming it's was being asked to better Skyfall, as Skyfalls success came unexpectedly. Who know but I think we'll know more by next summer what the plan is.

The above is quoting from other sources, but after Logan was announced as returning for Spectre, he spoke about the task of writing for both Bond 24 and 25. SPECTRE's ending did feel like the half way point of a bigger picture.

No. In the October 2014 draft Bond shot Blofeld in the end.
    So they never planned this as part of a bigger picture.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    I think the two part script was compressed into what we saw and the ending modified to possibly go into a direct sequel but not necessarily go into a direct sequel.

I kinda wished they had. First in summer 2016 then part 2 in February 2017. Might have fleshed out the characters and plotting more.

• Well we know Irma Bunt was originally in some drafts(?) of SPECTRE, so that character is on EON's mind.

And Jessica Chastain said she'd love to play a Bond villain...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    What ever Logan has written EoN should just toss it. Go in with a fresh and extremely well writen script and pick up where SP left off. If EoN want to spend money on building new and trashing cars then they can save themselves the hassle of getting a sexy car without paying so much for it and spend the money where it's needed...the script.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    What ever Logan has written EoN should just toss it. Go in with a fresh and extremely well writen script and pick up where SP left off. If EoN want to spend money on building new and trashing cars then they can save themselves the hassle of getting a sexy car without paying so much for it and spend the money where it's needed...the script.

I don't think he didn't anything more than an outline if that for 25. That idea was axed quickly.

What's the difference between this thread and the other Bond 25 thread?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I don't think he didn't anything more than an outline if that for 25. That idea was axed quickly.

Outline or a detailed brief, scrap, scrap, scrap it. EoN need to invest well in the foundation of their movies i.e. the script. We clearly know they're adept at everything else but whatever criticisms SP is facing I hope EoN are paying attention and learning from the disaster of their very public preproduction troubles. Pony up and get in excellent writers to write an excellent script.

Outline or a detailed brief, scrap, scrap, scrap it. EoN need to invest well in the foundation of their movies i.e. the script. We clearly know they're adept at everything else but whatever criticisms SP is facing I hope EoN are paying attention and learning from the disaster of their very public preproduction troubles. Pony up and get in excellent writers to write an excellent script.

I'm hoping that too.
    Sounds like it might be a make it up as we go along job. Whilst I'm not so sure how successful that was in the retconning in Spectre, it's not always a bad thing. On 24 the writers liked to write themselves into a corner with season endings, and then really work hard to figure out what they were going to do. So I'm not concerned if it does end up being a sequel and if they're not so sure yet how to follow it. The other thread with our ideas is an example of how screenwriting usually works - it's a collaborative process.

An obvious difference this page is for speculation the other thread is for people to post their plot ideas.
    Be interesting if their was an outline idea for the next film out there somewhere? But i still believe your looking at 2018 for Bond 25?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

Yeah we can post on there when production commences in 2 years. Bit early for a production thread.

Yeah we can post on there when production commences in 2 years. Bit early for a production thread.

That was the thread I was referring to..

Both threads are rumors and guesses waiting for nibbles of real information about B25.

Was just asking

Both threads are rumors and guesses waiting for nibbles of real information about B25.

Was just asking

Cool. We wont know anything for months yet. I don't see the point of a production topic at present. Anything in the next 3 months at least will be rumour or speculation. Production threads are great when solid bits of info begin to build right through to release. I had not realised a production thread had started. If Mods want to close this one I won't object.

Was just asking

Cool. We wont know anything for months yet. I don't see the point of a production topic at present. Anything in the next 3 months at least will be rumour or speculation. Production threads are great when solid bits of info begin to build right through to release. I had not realised a production thread had started. If Mods want to close this one I won't object.

Really not a big deal ...I was just babbling. Thanks for the thread.