What's the actual name of the movie? Is it SPECTRE with all capital letters...or is it Spectre ?

in SPECTRE Posts: 2,491
Somewhere it is listed as SPECTRE and somewhere it is listed as Spectre...I know this is a stupid question but..I can't be the only one not being 100% sure about the name..

Comments

Poster and Title credits are all caps and it isn't ever referenced as the original DC era acronym. Every magazine and newspaper refers to it as initial cap S so the author references it with all caps, nobody else does. What's the big deal. - same with CR, QOS and SF too
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 354
    I think you should post this here...

The James Bond Questions Thread

As far as I can see, the title of the movie should be seen in isolation from earlier movies and is simply the (British spelling) noun for "something widely feared as a possible unpleasant or dangerous occurrence".

Maybe the word's acronymic nature of SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion (as coined by Fleming) will be dealt with in a future movie. Until then, it's best to stick with the noun version: Spectre.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    I've always found it to be a terrible acronym but I still view it as one, so I always write it in caps.

However, as @andmcit mentioned, its never referred to as an acronym in the movie so until Sam Mendes, the writers or somebody else in production confirms or denies it I guess we'll never know!

I expect if SPECTRE returns in Bond 25 they will drop a line to that effect.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Should be SPECTRE as it is an acronym, and as far as I know they should be all caps. Look at the movie poster it SPECTRE.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    Should be SPECTRE as it is an acronym, and as far as I know they should be all caps. Look at the movie poster it SPECTRE.

To be fair, almost ALL the Bond movie posters use caps for the titles?

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thank you, @Darius, for a good suggestion.
    This is merely ONE question and it couldn't possibly provoke interesting discussions or debates for more than half a page, one full page at best. We have a questions thread. Please use it.
This discussion has been closed.