Michael France GoldenEye Script and Other Bond Films

edited October 2015 in Bond Movies Posts: 582
I've just read Michael France's original script for GoldenEye and it makes for interesting reading. I knew that the helicopters with saw blades from TWINE were originally in this script but was also struck by similarities with other more recent Bonds. Could just be coincidences as they just have a flavour of these things from these other Bond films. Anyone know if direct inspiration from this script was taken in the following instances:

Attack on the country house - reminded me of Silva's attack on Skyfall in Skyfall
Events with a plane in snowy conditions and Marina who is quite terse towards Bond - reminded me of the scene in Austria and Madeleine in Spectre.
Trying to get a helicopter going and finishing with Bond and Bond girl - reminded me of Die Another Day
Helicopter attack as Bond and Marina locate the satellite dish - reminded me of the helicopter attack in Quantum of Solace, even down to evading with one parachute and the caverns.
Events underground with the warheads - reminded me of all the stuff underground in Kazakhstan (same location here) in TWINE.

The plot also bore a resemblance to FRWL, Trevelyan setting the British against the Russians, Xenia had a garotte wire. There was an intersting scene where one of Trevelyan's goons was going to get it like Kronsteen before Blofeld and Rosa Klebb in FRWL, and SPECTRE board room meeting in Thunderball.

Comments