Harrison Ford would like to be in a Bond movie

tqbtqb
edited August 2011 in News Posts: 1,022
Hey not sure if this is the right forum but recent interview reveals that Mr.Ford would love to be in a 007 film
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/harrison-ford-would-consider-bond-role_1240579

Comments

I'd like to think that working with Craig on COWBOYS & ALIENS makes Ford want to work with him again. A lot of other actors have said Craig is very professional and very easy to work with.

But I can't help but think that it would be a bit of a risk to cast him. It would have to be in a specific role. Someone like Dikko Hendersen in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, perhaps - an agent who is retired in all but name, posted to some far-flung corner of the globe where nothing really happens. But then, I could also see Stephen Fry playing a part like that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think Harrison would fit well in the role of Tanner, If Bond films in the future followed the lead of the novels and made Tanner a retired man of Service. Too bad Craig's Bond establishes Tanner as a younger man.
    I could see him as almost a walk on role...maybe Bond gets some information from Ford's character and the film moves along, nothing more to it.

As a major character I may have some reservations just based on the star power he would carry. I truly enjoy Harrison Ford as an actor, but he actually may be a bigger star than Daniel Craig is and may upstage Craig in the process. I've always thought that the actor playing Bond should have the most star caliber in the film. Not to say that other major characters can't be established actors, but Bond should be the most recognizable. There's my two cents!
    I think Harrison would fit well in the role of Tanner, If Bond films in the future followed the lead of the novels and made Tanner a retired man of Service. Too bad Craig's Bond establishes Tanner as a younger man.
    To be fair, Rory Kinnear does do a pretty good job as Tanner. I like the way he comes across as exasperated, the rope in the tug-of-war between M and Bond.

If Ford were cast, I don't think he should be a British character. Maybe as the CIA equivalent of Tanner, working with Felix Leiter.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    To be fair, Rory Kinnear does do a pretty good job as Tanner. I like the way he comes across as exasperated, the rope in the tug-of-war between M and Bond.

If Ford were cast, I don't think he should be a British character. Maybe as the CIA equivalent of Tanner, working with Felix Leiter.
    I don't mean to knock Kinnear's performance as Tanner @shadowonthesun, and I get your point on Harrison playing an American character rather than a British one. I never thought of that and I'm not sure how well Harrison could pull off an accent.
    Roit, bart he don need noe akssent t'bee Bri-ish.

There are plenty of British people who don't really have a British accent. Of all the people who have palyed Bond, Sean Connery is the only one who had a noticeable accent (as he speaks Sean Connery; nobody in Scotland sounds remotely like him) and George Lazenby had traces of his natural Australian accent showing through. Neither Moore, Dalton, Brosnan or Craig could be singled out as defintively British. And in the same way, Harrison Ford doesn't have an overtly-American accent, either. So I see no reason why he couldn't play a British character, especially if he had been placed overseas and his antural accent had been diluted.

But I very much doubt the notion of Harrison Ford in a Bond film would happen at all.
    you could have him be a "retired" agent like Cameron Bay...he could pass for Canadian :)
    Some sort of station head at the CIA would work or something like that. Although this isn't a serious suggestion, but it would awesome for him to have a cameo as the President!
    I would much to much see a great film with a great Ford performance in a major role again to wish for a short appearance in a Bond film.
    The last film I saw with For was Morning Glory (C&A hasn´t started over here yet), and it was such a waste of genius. The short sketch he did for Jimmy Kimmel was really the best thing he did in ages. He was good enough in the last Indy film, but he could do so much more. I want something like his performance in Blade Runner, understated but full of charisma.
    Am I becoming greedy?
    I think it would be an awful idea to cast him in any type of role in the films. Bond films have never undertaken stunt casting, nor should they ever.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Harrison Ford would like to be in a Bond movie
    As Mud Bond, James' dad.

I think it would be an awful idea to cast him in any type of role in the films. Bond films have never undertaken stunt casting, nor should they ever.
    As much as we all like to pretend DIE ANOTHER DAY never happened, doing so in this case only contradicts your statement - Madonna (and, to a lesser extent, Halle Berry) was stunt casting.

And nor would Harrison Ford necessarily be stunt casting.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    As much as we all like to pretend DIE ANOTHER DAY never happened,
    I happen to like DAD, and I'm not the only one here... so 'all' doesn't quite fit.

Madonna was a bit of stunt casting but not so much Halle Berry. She was not yet quite an A list actress when she was cast in DAD (still mostly doing supporting roles). Her Oscar nomination and win came about during the filming of DAD.

I think Harrison Ford is just too big of a name.
  • He won't - unless the money is right for him...8-|

Sorry no love lost there.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Madonna was a bit of stunt casting
    Yes, that's probably the ideal term to use for such a casting. In the right role, given he's certainly a good enough actor, Ford could be ideal - in theory. But Bond films should probably always steer clear of stunt casting. In Bond films, 007 - and, if you will, the films themselves - are the stars, not even necessarily the actor who's playing 007; the films rarely need a huge past/ present Hollywood star to bulk up their profile...
    I don't think Ford would seem in place in a Bond movie, the right time to introduce any character would of been 20/25 years ago and even then people may have been wondering what was Indiana Jones was doing in a Bond Movie, even if James Bond DID (to an extent) appear in the last Jones release (1989's The last crusade, with one or two other past Bond characters popping up')
    but Ford in Bond?, no, not for me and I won't apologize for it

I dunno, it could be fun- picture him as Jack Ryan (but without the action- we don't want him to steal Bond's limelight)
    It might get more non-Bond fans to check out the movie