James Bonds spectre with Jonathan ross doc

Comments

• DariusDarius UK
    I watched this last night, but I wish I hadn't. This is simply a re-hash of practically every documentary on the Bond phenomenon that has ever been broadcast since 1962, but with some choice SP spoilers along the way.

I was expecting a good analysis of the Bond canon from a man that managed to fill Barry Norman's shoes with surprising aplomb, despite being such an irritating git. What we got here though was a grown man who's been given the chance to be a little boy again. Jonathan, baby, we don't give a damn whether Daniel Craig had a toy GF Aston Martin. Neither do we give a damn about watching you cream your jeans in the new DB10.

That's an hour or so of my life I'll never get back.
    I stopped caring about anything Ross has had to say since him and that other idiot Brand played that radio prank a few years ago.
    If this contains spoilers? Then i won't watch it until after i have seen the movie next week?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I'm pretty much in agreement with @Darius. It was the usual "Bond's back with his action, his girls and his gadgets" fluff that we've always seen. The interviews felt really staged but the best bit by far was Christoph Waltz's evil smile.

Also, "this is the first time we've seen Bond...the man"

Somehow I don't think Timothy Dalton would have like to have heard that.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,600
    Ross is an arse IMHO and brings nothing to any project other than a Sid James style of humour and a brainless cockiness. His taking over of Film in 1999 is one of my classic examples of the dumbing down of the media.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Interestingly (or perhaps not) Jonathan Ross did exactly the same sort of documentary for GoldenEye in I think October 1995. I was sent to bed on that occasion as an eleven year old so I only saw the first few minutes! :))
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,189
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Oh, thank you, @BAIN123! I guessed it was probably online but I don't think it's on the GE DVD.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Oh, thank you, @BAIN123! I guessed it was probably online but I don't think it's on the GE DVD.

I think there's one with Elizabeth Hurley on the original GE DVD.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I think there's one with Elizabeth Hurley on the original GE DVD.

Yes, that's right. There's actually quite a lot of extra stuff like this on it but sadly not the Ross one. Oh well - it's on You Tube at least!