SPECTRE - Press reviews and personal reviews (BEWARE! Spoiler reviews allowed)

Comments

• Hi guys. Ive just got from my second viewing of spectre. I am still has thrilled as I was the first time. I think it was a fantastic bond film for Craig. One of the best. I'm not sure what all the hate is about for many. Anyway, did you all notice Hildebrand on the door. and that's is a name of a short story not yet used. I wonder if that's what it will he called ????
  • RC7RC7
    One thing they shouldn't do is kill Seydoux in 25. They need to find a way of upping the emotional stakes without mirroring OHMSS almost exactly.
    We cant go for the hattrick of DC holding a dead woman he loved in his arms, surely?
    Blofeld would be better to kidnap but not kill Swann as there's more for Bond to live/fight for than a more predictable rerun revenge story which we're getting a bit immune to now.
  • RC7RC7
    patb wrote: »
    We cant go for the hattrick of DC holding a dead woman he loved in his arms, surely?

No. It would be overkill. There are other relationship dynamics they could explore. I wouldn't rule it out, but conceptually I wouldn't be for it.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

Greene "Sounds like you've lost another one"
  • RC7RC7

Greene "Sounds like you've lost another one"

Great line.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Hi guys. Ive just got from my second viewing of spectre. I am still has thrilled as I was the first time. I think it was a fantastic bond film for Craig. One of the best. I'm not sure what all the hate is about for many. Anyway, did you all notice Hildebrand on the door. and that's is a name of a short story not yet used. I wonder if that's what it will he called ????

I loved M's response to Tanner about the Hildebrand when he said he didn't know about it.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) yes, one for the fans.
    RC7 wrote: »
    One thing they shouldn't do is kill Seydoux in 25. They need to find a way of upping the emotional stakes without mirroring OHMSS almost exactly.

The relationship can die though, the way Bond's relationship with Tiffany Case died in the novels. Have Madeleine fall in love with someone else, being unable to deal with Bond's life and work. I find it far more powerful than another dead Bond girl.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »

The relationship can die though, the way Bond's relationship with Tiffany Case died in the novels. Have Madeleine fall in love with someone else, being unable to deal with Bond's life and work. I find it far more powerful than another dead Bond girl.

Yes, this is the kind of thing I mean.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Ludovico wrote: »

Yea that's far more brutal.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

No. It would be overkill. There are other relationship dynamics they could explore. I wouldn't rule it out, but conceptually I wouldn't be for it.

She could leave him Luke Tiffany in the FRWL novel....or he could leave her like in Solo.
    suavejmf wrote: »

She could leave him Like Tiffany in the FRWL novel....or he could leave her like in Solo.

why didn't the drill have any effect on Bond?

I'm guessing this is a reshoot and they shot the card game, but Sony asked for a CR torture style scene instead. Since the rest of the film was already shot, there's no further effect on Bond. Just a hunch.
    Spectre is good. My main issue is the fact that Bond falls in love so easily and doesn't seem to care about avenging Vesper anymore!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Stamper wrote: »
    why didn't the drill have any effect on Bond?

I'm guessing this is a reshoot and they shot the card game, but Sony asked for a CR torture style scene instead. Since the rest of the film was already shot, there's no further effect on Bond. Just a hunch.

Good guess ..makes sense
    He's parked that and isn't going to revisit it - the video tape on the hidden room alludes to this although it could be suggested he dithered momentarily
    Yes true....but it's too fleeting. Plus why a video tape?? It was 2006 not 1996! Ha ha.
    The computer was obsolete too. Weird.
  • RC7RC7
    Spectre is good. My main issue is the fact that Bond falls in love so easily and doesn't seem to care about avenging Vesper anymore!

He found his Solace. He takes a moment and tosses it aside. It's one of the best bits of the movie and directly feeds into his feelings for Swann.
  • I've tried to think of this as a stand alone movie, ie: no previous knowledge of Bond (Not easy as I've been watching the series for over 45 years). How would it have been reviewed if it was a stand alone movie, I think it would have gotten around 59% on rotten tomatoes instead of the current 76%. I think that far too many are cutting this film too much slack, it's got a couple of great bits, a few more good bits but a hell of a lot of medioctrity, end of term report, could do better.

This has been the year of the spy film & so far IMHO there have been 2 films much better than SP, kingsman for one & MI Rougue Nation for two.
  • RC7RC7
    I've tried to think of this as a stand alone movie, ie: no previous knowledge of Bond (Not easy as I've been watching the series for over 45 years). How would it have been reviewed if it was a stand alone movie, I think it would have gotten around 59% on rotten tomatoes instead of the current 76%. I think that far too many are cutting this film too much slack, it's got a couple of great bits, a few more good bits but a hell of a lot of medioctrity, end of term report, could do better.

This has been the year of the spy film & so far IMHO there have been 2 films much better than SP, kingsman for one & MI Rougue Nation for two.

I think you're talking out of your arse. I give you a score of 91% on the nonsense-ometer.

Why does he need to avenge Vesper? He found his peace with the matter by the end of QoS.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »

Why does he need to avenge Vesper? He found his peace with the matter by the end of QoS.

Exactly.
    I've tried to think of this as a stand alone movie, ie: no previous knowledge of Bond (Not easy as I've been watching the series for over 45 years). How would it have been reviewed if it was a stand alone movie, I think it would have gotten around 59% on rotten tomatoes instead of the current 76%. I think that far too many are cutting this film too much slack, it's got a couple of great bits, a few more good bits but a hell of a lot of medioctrity, end of term report, could do better.

Rubbish.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

Rubbish.

Why don't you say what you really think, those who can't expand & resort to one word responses IMO have already lost the argument....

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think I can see where this is heading :))
  • RC7RC7

Rubbish.

Why don't you say what you really think, those who can't expand & resort to one word responses IMO have already lost the argument....

Your comment doesn't invite a thoughtful response. You come across as bitter. Expand your own post first, explaining why it fails as a standalone movie and perhaps people can respond, rather than plucking percentages out of your arse.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 389

Rubbish.

Your comment doesn't invite a thoughtful response. You come across as bitter. Expand your own post first, explaining why it fails as a standalone movie and perhaps people can respond, rather than plucking percentages out of your arse.

This perhaps is why people with considered opinions don't stay on these sites for long because the bullying nature of the regulars won't accept that other's don't always agree.

OK I give it 59% as a hypothetical score & you think I'm saying it fails, have you ever looked at the score's on RT, it's not a fail, it's just mediocre, which is my point, you love SP which is fine, I'm not so happy, let's agree to disagree, as to being bitter you don't know me, your not ever likely to know me, so don't take the P**s. I as you, have as much right to put forward an opinion, just don't make it personal.