Sam Mendes to be Empire's Guest Editor

The next issue of Empire Magazine will have a lot of SPECTRE information, 38 pages of SPECTRE information to be exact. Not only that, the issue will be edited by director Sam Mendes who will interview other directors (including Steven Spielberg).

The issue is released next week, September 24th.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45401

Comments

Fantastic! That certainly is a purchase for me without a doubt! :-bd
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    As a subscriber, I'm beyond thrilled to get the exclusive cover for this :D
    I'm saving all of these magazines so after I've seen the film but after November 5th, I'm gonna have a lot to read!
    Mag%20cover.jpg
    Subs%20cover.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,588
    That should have been a poster for the movie itself. Beautiful.
  • Can someone PLEASE buy one for me and send it to my penthouse in Barcelona :-P????

Send me your bank account details and I'll pay you back. With private message off course....
    Can someone PLEASE buy one for me and send it to my penthouse in Barcelona :-P????

Send me your bank account details and I'll pay you back. With private message off course....
    The Day of the Dead cover is subscribers only, the one above, with Daniel and Christoph is the one you can buy in the shops. I'm hoping someone puts the subscribers cover on eBay. I'm willing to pay more for the beauty.
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    Can someone PLEASE buy one for me and send it to my penthouse in Barcelona :-P????

The Day of the Dead cover is subscribers only, the one above, with Daniel and Christoph is the one you can buy in the shops. I'm hoping someone puts the subscribers cover on eBay. I'm willing to pay more for the beauty.

You lucky Brits! But, could you buy the normal shop edition for me?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    All very Brokenclaw - I love it!
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Subs%20cover.jpg

I so can't wait to read 38 pages of pure Bond! Heaven! :-bd
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    In the magazine he strongly hinted that the gunbarrel will be at the beginning!!!! Thank you Lord! !!!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    suavejmf wrote: »
    In the magazine he strongly hinted that the gunbarrel will be at the beginning!!!! Thank you Lord! !!!

What were his exact words?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2015 Posts: 5,131
    I can't remember the exact words. However, it was along the lines of......Mendes wanted to put the gunbarrel at the beginning of SF. But because the first scene was Bond holding a gun in a tunnel/ corridoor, he felt it didn't fit (I think this is b******). Therefore, this time he thinks he'll slot it in at the beginning. He better do.
  • suavejmf wrote: »
    I can't remember the exact words. However, it was along the lines of......Mendes wanted to put the gunbarrel at the beginning of SF. But because the first scene was Bond holding a gun in a tunnel/ corridoor, he felt it didn't fit (I think this is b******). Therefore, this time he thinks he'll slot it in at the beginning. He better do.

I understand what Mendes was saying here. I saw a video on YouTube with the opening of SF with the gunbarrel at the beginning. And it does seem a bit jarring when you suddenly see Bond holding a gun and walking down the corridor directly after the gunbarrel. Maybe after the gunbarrel he could have inserted an establishing shot of the city but I think that would have then ruined the impact of Bond walking down the stairs and out into the busy street. When we first see Bond in the corridor we as an audience don't really know where he is. Looking forward though to seeing the gunbarrel back at the beginning. Hopefully.
    Still not read my copy yet as it was mentioned about certain spoilers contained within it. So will read it after i have seen the movie.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Just got mine, 9 days earlier than I expected :D :D :D
    Same @RogueAgent, I'm saving this (and all Spectre magazines) until after I see the film. I'm going to want to dive in after I've seen it and I'll have tons of material to do so, as well as every teaser/trailer :D
    Just got mine, 9 days earlier than I expected :D :D :D
    Same @RogueAgent, I'm saving this (and all Spectre magazines) until after I see the film. I'm going to want to dive in after I've seen it and I'll have tons of material to do so, as well as every teaser/trailer :D

Same here, glad i have got the week off to catch up on it all!!! :))