Help make a cover for my fan story?

edited August 2011 in Fan Creations Posts: 23
Hello all. My name is Robert Gresham and I would love it if a fan artist here can help me by creating a cover for my Bond inspired, sword & sorcery short story, "The Mohrg with the Golden Tongue." Over at Pathfinderchronicler.net I, and other fantasy fiction fans, create stories based on Paizo publishing's Golarion campaign setting, and all of my stories feature a Bond inspired character named..ahem..Purvis Wade.

Last year an artist here at MI6 helped me by creating a cover for my serial novel, "From Oppara with Love" (here:http://www.pathfinderchronicler.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/FOWL.jpg) and I was hoping to continue that tradition.

This what a Mohrg looks like: http://gaming.icrontic.com/files/2010/07/mohrg.jpg if you didn't already know.

This short story will be featured in Pathfinder Chronicler Anthology 2 (here is a link to Book 1: http://paizo.com/store/downloads/paizoFansUnited/v5748btpy8lcz&source=search), which will be produced and given away for free at Paizo Con next summer. It will also run on the Pathfinderchronicler.net website with the art. This is a great way to get your art seen by a few more fans and only a Bond fan, in my opinion, can capture the look a Bond themed story should have.

Thank you in advance for considering this project.

Comments

• Well, this thread has been here nearly a year. I'm wondering if any new artists might be willing to step up.
  • ChristartosChristartos Banned
    My friend Purvis_Wade. I can make the art for you. I have considerable experience creating fdan posters using photoshop and assorted applications. If you request interest I can post some of my past artworks for you to examine.
  • thank you, it would be an honor to have some cover art from you Christartos
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    What. The. Hell.
    Sorry for the double post but I made a cover for you.

goldentounge.png
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

goldentounge.png

Great job! Thank you for doing that, because there is no way @Purvis_Wade was going with the one @Christartos made. =))

goldentounge.png

Great job! Thank you for doing that, because there is no way @Purvis_Wade was going with the one @Christartos made. =))

What did Christatos make, don't tell me it was Bond delivering the sermon on the mount!!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sammm04 wrote:

goldentounge.png

What did Christatos make, don't tell me it was Bond delivering the sermon on the mount!!
    A mess is the best way I could describe it, and I am being very generous.
    Sammm04 wrote:

goldentounge.png

A mess is the best way I could describe it, and I am being very generous.

Where can I find it, I must have some weird thing going on, it's not on this thread.

@Sammm04, there was another thread created by @Purvis_Wade asking for a cover, and that is the one that @Christartos posted in. The only problem is that, as usual, the poster he posted was deleted. SHOCKER! It had nothing to do with this book anyway. It had Dan on it in a wig, and a whole mess of text and other pictures.
    @Sammm04, there was another thread created by @Purvis_Wade asking for a cover, and that is the one that @Christartos posted in. The only problem is that, as usual, the poster he posted was deleted. SHOCKER! It had nothing to do with this book anyway. It had Dan on it in a wig, and a whole mess of text and other pictures.

Oh, so it wasn't Bond delivering the Sermon on the Mount then.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 2,630
    Glad you like it, 0Brady.

Yeah, it was a big mess. It was probably one of his old posters with a mohrg plastered in the corner.

That moment when you realize that you spell "tongue" wrong.
    FIXED

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3105/goldentongue.png
    edited March 2013 Posts: 114
    If you delete non offensive posts it makes the thread very confusing for me and readers alike. Here is the cover art i made let let the person who wants it decide shall we? That seems fair...
    i'll just post the link hope it won't dissappear
    http://i.imgur.com/FqR0B5u.jpg
    If you delete non offensive posts it makes the thread very confusing for me and readers alike. Here is the cover art i made let let the person who wants it decide shall we? That seems fair...

And that's what I call quality art work! You've most used a very sophisticated software...
    I use photoshoot
  • TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    YOU are ammung friends here

and WELCOME tothe elitte of the boards
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    YOU are ammung friends here

and WELCOME tothe elitte of the boards

Yeah, we know, because you, @Pierceuhhh and @Christartos SAY THAT EVERY SINGLE FLIPPING DAY, AND BECAUSE YOU ARE THE SAME USER! IFM, folks. Let's eradicate this fool.

By the way, @Purvis_Wade: what does this Purvis Wade character look like? A nice idea of his description and background would be helpful. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Amazing how your English improves when you want something.
    Truly remarkable.

goldentounge.png

Nice work, seems wasted here.

Now friends, let's not get rid of Christartos and his "friends" he is a source of my laughter on this thread.
    Sammm04 wrote:
    Now friends, let's not get rid of Christartos and his "friends" he is a source of my laughter on this thread.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure, it seems. And enjoy your treasure now, because it won't last.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 23
    Wow. I was unaware of the Christartos problem. I see from his cover what many of you mean. AJB 007....GREAT!!! I love it! I will be using that for sure.
    For the stories, I give him a vague description, close to the Fleming bond. He has black hair, icy blue eyes, and wears Taldoran fashion. "Taldor" is suppossed to be early French renaissance mixed with a decadent Roman style. I think pompus noble-type. Taldor colors are blue and green, with a propensity toward white lion motif's.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B18OpI-w2BM/SkZ5HBDGcYI/AAAAAAAACmM/Ifl9WjAXfRU/s200/taldor2.bmp
    Oh, And Taldorans, are a tanned people.
    http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/152728/Race_taldan.jpg
    tongue....oh no...

Mod Edit - Merged four posts into one!
    You have been asked before not to multipost. This is the last time you will be asked.
    We have an EDIT button for a reason.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 2,630
    Oh, And Taldorans, are a tanned people.
    http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/152728/Race_taldan.jpg

Then why dont u use my arts? it cas the perfect fashion...pompous and ceremony..only i took attention to detail AJB007's is just a black image took 30 seconds...

Because my art doesn't look like burning horse dung (sorry mods if I'm breaking any rules here). All you did was plaster a mohrg on an art work you made earlier, so 30 seconds is something you would know, wouldn't you, Christartos?

Also, thank you Pervis_Wade for choosing my cover.
    u are no longer ammung friends here

I'M FREE!!! FREEDOM!
    i create a fresh new poster every week this is fresh works... MMMmmm.

all you did was create 30 econf image on balck backgound

LETS be nice. AGENTJAMESBOND@@7, YOU are stil my friend.goodwork chap. lot of scary impresion with thatartworks.

the detail was astunding
  • i'm sorry for the multiple posts...i thought it was bad to repeat posts....am i only allowed 1 post a day? i guess i need to re read the rules.
    Purvis Wade chap, what youwitnessing is the powerhungry "Mods" runing out of controls drunk with power using power, deletting what theydont liek. So be carefulwhat you post

YOU are being watched friend
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    No, you can post as often as you like. Though there is no need to make four posts in a thread in a row. If no one has responded to the topic in question, and you want to add to it, simply edit your post.
    It's quite simple really.
  • Okay, Thanks Benny for the tip. Sorry Mods if I hath offended thee...
    i create a fresh new poster every week this is fresh works... MMMmmm.

all you did was create 30 econf image on balck backgound

His cover actually had relevancy to the story @Purvis_Wade wrote, while yours was a random mess (as usual) that had no connection to the story besides the badly posted mohrg in the corner.