BBC Proms Celebrates John Barry

Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
edited August 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 642
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b0132ps3

Catch this link for a rip roaring John Barry/David Arnold suite finale to Film Music Night from BBC Proms 2011. Filmed and recorded this very night.

Listen if only for the great rendition of the CR arrangement of the Bond Theme.

It does present the usual problem with a suite, that being the feeling that all pieces are being rushed through. It is still wonderful though.

As I say it was the finale piece so you may want to skip forward if you wish but it does include some great other works from the movies in general.

Hope you enjoy this. :-)

Comments

• edited August 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Small problem....
    It Won't work outside the UK
    Also it says i'm using a phone when i'm using a Mac
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks for linking us @Monsieur_Aubergine.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    So sorry Virage. I know how frustrating this can be due to my love of US shows..

Let's hope the audio/video gets uploaded to YouTube. As I say, only recorded tonight so give it time.

David Arnold was great during interview too. He describe the fact that when writing today most films give no room for the music to breath. The sweeping melodies are very hard to shoehorn in...he likened the scenario to John Barry writing epic pieces where as he has to live with a 'diet Pepsi, 5 a day' culture.

May be we can't be too harsh on his choices through the years down to the constraints placed upon him.

Hope you get to hear it all. ;-)
    I'm spilling the beans apparently the BBCisstartingtorolloutaninternationalIplayerforIOSandandroid. it will cost though first to eastern Europe ding,ding...
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 642
    Thanks for linking us @Monsieur_Aubergine.
    No worries. If you like this, hopefully you caught the report on the main site back in June for the memorial concert.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/event_john_barry_report.php3?t=&s=&id=02885

That was a great night!
    Small problem....
    It Won't work outside the UK
    Also it says i'm using a phone when i'm using a Mac
    Tech issues abound. Delete the ' mobile/ ' part of the link so that it reads www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer etc this should then remove the phone aspect, not sure if that will solve the universal problem of region though.. Sorry i cant help further mate. :-/
  • I know this was from a while back, but does anyone have the audio from this?