James Bond Sex Scenes

Do you think that there will ever been a full on sex scene in a Bond film (more than or equal to that with Jinx in Die Another Day?) In addition, do you think that Bond or a Bond Girl will ever be seen naked (breasts/buttocks shots)?

Comments

• I think if this were to occur, that the movies could remain true to the novels.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    To answer the question in the OP, no, I hope not. That's not Bond. We don't get anything explicit in the novels, and neither do we the films (bar DAD). And that's what makes love scenes in Bond films so effective. DAD's sex scene felt gratuitous and corny.
    DAD went the furthest, but if it went further then the Rating for it would go higher therefore cutting box office takings, so from this point of view i cannot see this happening.
    do you think that Bond or a Bond Girl will ever be seen naked (breasts/buttocks shots)?

We came pretty close in the 1960s in DN (radiation decontamination of Honey) and FRWL (introduction of Tatiana getting into Bond's bed), and in the 1980s in TLD (where Bond uses a topless girl to distract General Pushkin's bodyguard). Plus many/most of the titles...particularly in the 1970s.

In today's more prudish environment, I doubt we will see any nudity for many years

We don't get anything explicit in the novels.

From memory, the novel TSWLM was quite explicit

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    @Troy, of course, TSWLM is a bit of an odd one. But elsewhere, when Fleming wasn't protesting at the fact that teenagers read his novels, nudeness is featured, but full on sex scenes were absent. I don't see anything wrong whatsoever with nakedness, but explicit sex scenes are not needed in the Bond films.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2015 Posts: 23,883
    If anything, it's going the other way now and becoming less explicit, much to my chagrin.

These days, it's all about the money, and appealing to the widest global audience. Certain demographics and nationalities have different sensibilities, so one tries to accommodate.

Bond didn't even finish the job in CR with Solange (Connery always would have taken the time for a quickie, and even squeaky clean Dalton asked for 2 hours in the TLD pretitles). The Severine scene was quite tame, yet I recall one member here complaining that he felt it was tantamount to rape!

Oh well....
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,399
    Troy wrote: »
    do you think that Bond or a Bond Girl will ever be seen naked (breasts/buttocks shots)?

We came pretty close in the 1960s in DN (radiation decontamination of Honey) and FRWL (introduction of Tatiana getting into Bond's bed), and in the 1980s in TLD (where Bond uses a topless girl to distract General Pushkin's bodyguard). Plus many/most of the titles...particularly in the 1970s.

In today's more prudish environment, I doubt we will see any nudity for many years

there is a difference between nudity and gratuitous sex.. you can see nudity is most of Maurice Binder's title sequences - namely TMWTGG, TSWLM, OP, and LTK - sometimes you gotta look hard, and some other times you don't ;) .... even in TND, Bond and the Danish school teacher scene, if you look at just the right moment when Bond is looking for his phone, you catch a peek at her lady parts :\">......

but in terms of sex.... Xenia's killing of the Canadian Admiral in GE and Bond/Jinx in DAD is about as far as sex scenes should probably be pushed in a Bond film - at the end of the day, they are PG-13 and still films that you can sit and watch with the family (not calling all of them family films though)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    bondjames wrote: »
    If anything, it's going the other way now and becoming less explicit, much to my chagrin.

These days, it's all about the money, and appealing to the widest global audience. Certain demographics and nationalities have different sensibilities, so one tries to accommodate.

Bond didn't even finish the job in CR with Solange (Connery always would have taken the time for a quickie, and even squeaky clean Dalton asked for 2 hours in the TLD pretitles). The Severine scene was quite tame, yet I recall one member here complaining that he felt it was tantamount to rape!

Oh well....

I always assumed he did with Solange hence the phone call for more champagne. I always thought that when he said "no for one" that he didn't want anyone to know someone was with him.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Oh kinky.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    When the twilight movies have better sex scenes than recent Bond movies there's a very big problem.

That said, I'm praying so hard that Bellucci who's known for her nudity and sex scenes in film isn't wasted. The Craig era has done a massive disservice to amazing Bond girls and I'm hoping SP fixes that.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Personally, I'd prefer to see less nudity in Bond films. Implied is always better, anyway.

In my honest opinion, Bond's treatment of women is pretty awful, and the less the films do to objectify them the better.

If you want to see sex, there's plenty of sites to accommodate your desires.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Best Bond moment ever...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gkp4t5NYzVM
    @doubleoego In the terms and conditions it states: "Should you see any material that you deem to be offensive or objectionable; you should feel confident in sending any of our team a Private Message..with your concerns."

As I considered that some may find it offensive and objectionable, I decided to change the link. Hope you don't mind.
  • Personally, I'd prefer to see less nudity in Bond films. Implied is always better, anyway.

In my honest opinion, Bond's treatment of women is pretty awful, and the less the films do to objectify them the better.

If you want to see sex, there's plenty of sites to accommodate your desires.

I'm not saying that I want to see these scenes as a way to satisfy myself. I'm merely looking at it from the perspective of a plot point and great story telling. There doesn't have to be a full on sex scene.
    So, its possible that a scene from any Bond movie could be considered offensive enough to warrent censorship? I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming...*sighs* what a day.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Personally I have no problems with love scenes or nudity as long as they are done tastefully and stylish.

And till now all the love scenes in the Bond movies have been that way.

Personally I have my favorite scenes in this area like

The world is not enough
    the scene with the cubes with Elektra and James Bond
    The love scene at the end with Christmas Jones
    The love scene with the doctor to give him the paper which said he was ok to work

Tomorrow never dies
    The love scene with the Danish teacher
    The love scene with Paris

Die another day
    The last love scene with Jinx and the diamonds
    The love scene with Miranda frost

You only live twice

The things I do for England

Thunderball

Wild scene
    Aren't you in the wrong room ?

• How do you all feel if the Bond movies had love scenes that are similar to the TV Show "Scandal?" These scenes are broadcast on regular TV (not premium channels), so children can come across it. Some are subtle, while others are a bit more risque.

Do you feel these would fit more with Bond movies being PG-13?

Here are examples of such -

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    To answer the question in the OP, no, I hope not. That's not Bond. We don't get anything explicit in the novels, and neither do we the films (bar DAD). And that's what makes love scenes in Bond films so effective. DAD's sex scene felt gratuitous and corny.

Agreed. But I actually didn't mind DAD's sex scene as it was very tame.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 864
    @doubleoego Well, I was just messing with you, just as you were with me. You're entitled to post whatever you like, including misogynist views, if that's your thing.

However, it's worth remembering that some people will find things like that offensive and it's our job as community moderators to ensure the guidelines are followed. Fortunately, there is room for interpretation in those guidelines. Oh, and don't forget this little gem:

"MI6 Community and/or its associates reserve the right to suspend any and all access and permissions to the community at any point for any reason or no reason at all."

Gotta love that one.
    ;)
    @doubleoego Well, I was just messing with you, just as you were with me. You're entitled to post whatever you like, including misogynist views, if that's your thing.

However, it's worth remembering that some people will find things like that offensive and it's our job as community moderators to ensure the guidelines are followed. Fortunately, there is room for interpretation in those guidelines. Oh, and don't forget this little gem:

"MI6 Community and/or its associates reserve the right to suspend any and all access and permissions to the community at any point for any reason or no reason at all."

Gotta love that one.
    ;)

:)) touché
    doubleoego wrote: »
    :)) touché

Goldfinger-gray-suit.jpg
    Bottomsh up, old boy!

• edited September 2015 Posts: 498
    Delete
    doubleonothing said:
    [/i] Bond's treatment of women is pretty awful, and the less the films do to objectify them the better.[/i]

Absolutely. I wish when Bond had handed that dress to Vesper in CR, it could have been a Berka. Believe me, I would not have been objectifying her then. That way I could have remained focused on her intellect. As for those two tennis players glancing back at Bond tying his shoe, clearly they were appreciating attributes other than his appearance, because women don't objectify men.

Objectifying women is seeing them only as sex objects and nothing else. Appreciating a woman for the person she is, while recognizing her beauty and sexuality is not objectification.

Bond films have always appreciated attractive women and the role sex plays in relationships. In deference to the role of women in society, the films beginning with
    RM's tenure reflected changes that often seemed gratuitous and silly--i.e. Holly Goodhead and Christmas Jones, two of the most unconvincing scientists to appear in Bond films.

As for nudity, it always depends on the story. I am no prude, but I don't like gratuitous nudity or sex. A good example is HBO's Boardwalk Empire, often featuring nudity for no apparent reason.

Had we seen a naked Bond and Vesper in the hotel scene in Venice, that would have been logical. I didn't have to see them naked, but it could have served as a metaphor for their intimacy and hiding nothing from each other, until she slips from bed and covers herself, indicating she isn't fully open with Bond. Again story, story, story.

I recognize the challenges of self-image experienced by girls growing up, no less of an issue with boys. However, it is not up to the Bond films to tackle that challenge.

I can't stand it when women cover up their breasts with the bed sheets just before or after a sex scene. It's so ridiculous and insulting. Fields is an example of this!

I'm not sure I go along with this notion that Bond treats women worse than men. He doesn't exactly treat men very well either. He seems to as much a misandrist as a misogynist.

Equally objectification seems to be applied equally to men and women

Troy wrote: »

I'm not sure I go along with this notion that Bond treats women worse than men. He doesn't exactly treat men very well either. He seems to as much a misandrist as a misogynist.

Equally objectification seems to be applied equally to men and women

He's a spy living hard and on the edge. All of this is acceptable for a man living that life as far as I'm concerned.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I can't stand it when women cover up their breasts with the bed sheets just before or after a sex scene. It's so ridiculous and insulting. Fields is an example of this!

I think that's to keep the ratings at PG or 12. Bond women were openly naked in the books after a shag. ...as was 007.
    It was done more tastefully and realistically back in the day, with perfect camera angles, seeing a bare back or the camera framing shots that didn't reveal explicit stuff but still conveyed the obviousness of nudity. All this pulling the sheets up to cover their breasts is just silly.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    How do you all feel if the Bond movies had love scenes that are similar to the TV Show "Scandal?" These scenes are broadcast on regular TV (not premium channels), so children can come across it. Some are subtle, while others are a bit more risque.

Do you feel these would fit more with Bond movies being PG-13?

Here are examples of such -

The above is a bit too much for me actually.....in a Bond film. There's a bit too much unbridled unBondian slobbering passion on display and less Bondian cool.

I'd rather this, which was and is perfect imho (sorry (I don't have the full scene):