BRYAN FULLER WANTS TO BRING BACK THE AVENGERS TV SHOW

Not sure I've read this anywhere here on the forums so I'll post it to see what some of you think about an 60's Avengers reboot....

Hannibal creator Bryan Fuller is keeping busy after NBC’s announcement that it will not be picking up the cannibal drama for a fourth season. The prolific TV creator will act as showrunner on Starz’s upcoming adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods, and recently said he would like to helm a reboot of 60s spy series The Avengers, “I would love to reboot The Avengers — with Eddie Izzard as John Steed. That would be wonderful.” Fuller and Izzard worked together on several episodes of Hannibal. His last attempt to reboot a 60s show, Mockingbird Lane — based on The Munsters — was not picked up to series.

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm game for bringing back beloved TV Shows.

I can't put it in words how excited I am to get another season of The X-Files, Heroes and Twin Peaks.

As for doing a new The Avengers TV Show, I gladly take it, but it will never be able to even come close to the original.
    Furthermore the concept will not work in the present. If anything it should play in the sixties, now that would be exciting!
    Not sure if this is a good idea? Especially how all the individual movies and Avenger films are all interlinked with a number of them still to be played out?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'd love to see Steed and Mrs Peel updated, the show was always a
    Bit surrealistic, so I think would work for a modern audience.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Eddie Izzard? To replace Patrick Macnee?

I'd say a little more thinking is required, before they make a mess of this.

Macnee and Rigg were in a different league. One has to recreate their chemistry and banter in order to make this a success, so the female lead is also important.

I'm open to it being done, and for it being a period piece, just ensure that you get it right please.....this is too good a show for the legacy to be destroyed.
    Literary characters like Bond and Sherlock Holmes can be played as countless actors as each are doing their own interpretation.

Whereas For TV characters a lot of the personality comes from the actor. So much of Steed is the humour and charm of Patrick Macnee. Let's just remember the old series - something I still watch an episode of at least once a week.