Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour leadership election

Something really exciting to spice up the boards. What do the young kids on here think of him? Apparently he's got the youth of Britain all fired up!

Comments

From what I can make out? I don't think he will win Labour back into Government, but I give the guy kudos for putting forward his policies instead of the mud slinging the other candidates are engaged in.
    what's this got to do with Bond?
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    what's this got to do with Bond?

Nothing really. International geo-politics? Corbyn looks a bit like Prof Dent in Dr NO? Actually that's complete rubbish.

Nothing says we only have to discuss Bond on here.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    From what I can make out? I don't think he will win Labour back into Government, but I give the guy kudos for putting forward his policies instead of the mud slinging the other candidates are engaged in.

I don't think any of them can win an election. But you have to give Corbyn credit for just running a better campaign. He's supposedly the mad, old fashioned lefty, but he's the one grabbing the media attention and putting his ideas across. I think the novelty is that he's actually saying common sense stuff that resonates with a lot of people.

Somehow it's received wisdom that the UK coal industry is dead. But we have Europe's largest coal fired power station and are likely to be at least partly reliant on coal for at least another decade. So we ship it in from China instead of mining it ourselves. Corbyn is saying that's mad, which it is.
    With hindsight I blame Corbyn for Brexit.

What a disaster he's been
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I think this chap is a bit of a Bernie Sanders type. An idealist. Nothing practical here but some good thoughts to save the world from itself. Just what the younger generation with no hope and prospects demand. The fogeys and baby boomers will have to die off first. Right now they're still raping the world.
    Corbyn is a much less effective campaigner than Bernie though
    Getafix wrote: »
    Corbyn is a much less effective campaigner than Bernie though
    Yes, I can see that. If he can connect to his inner core and step up his game, it could be a lot closer than currently forecast.
    I am hoping so. Although not sure it will make much difference to my preferred outcome which is a second referendum
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    The European Parliament president wishes so too. Talk about interfering.

"The UK would be welcomed back by the EU if it abandoned Brexit following the general election, the European Parliament's president says.

Antonio Tajani said all 27 other countries in the European Union would be in favour if a new government decided to reverse the Article 50 process following the June 8 election.
    "

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/04/21/uk-would-be-welcome-back-eu
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Yes sadly I don't think it's going to happen and out pointless little game of shooting ourselves in the foot is going to carry on regardless.

Brexit is so bloody irrelevant its laughable. I'm still yet to hear from anyone who voted Leave who has a clue about what the EU actually does.

May seems to be stealing Labours clothes