Why do the Bond games lack spying elements?

M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
in 007 Gaming Posts: 538
Most of the Bond video games are action/gun-shooting games with 007 characters and environments painted on. There's nothing wrong with action, but it would be more unique and fitting if the games actually featured spying elements in which you could collect and examine clues and evidence. Because Bond is not just an action hero - he's a spy.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Because GoldenEye 007 on the N64 was a damned popular game with damned addictive multiplayer, and as such, both EA and Activision believed that in order to make a successful Bond game, they needed to copy GoldenEye 007's success. Coincidentally, both developers had a game called GoldenEye, and both developers had a game which ripped elements from many Bond films and tried to combine them in the most fanfiction way possible (Rogue Agent and 007 Legends).

It's very likely that whoever gets the Bond license in the near future (because I believe Glu Mobile will likely lose it, and damn well better) will continue to follow this formula, because most people believe the only way to make a successful Bond game is to make a first person shooter with damned addictive multiplayer.

God forbid they follow the idea I had a couple years ago (and can be found in a couple threads, one of which being the Bond's gaming future thread, I think). That would be a proper spy game.